Weather Apps

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,
Do any of you use weather apps to plan your trips out?
Just wondering what you use, what's the most accurate etc?
Thanks

I've compared a few and found that the default Apple Weather app is more accurate than the Met Office.

Dark Sky was one of the best ones I had used, but Apple bought it and have integrated it into their own app, but does not have all the bits that Dark Sky had.

I use a number of Apps when planning a photography trip, usually I compare the three weather Apps alongside Windy. Though sometimes I find it's often better to just open the curtains and look outside or just get up and go taking what ever the conditions

Weather Apps.
Norwegian Met Office (YR) https://www.yr.no/en
Apple Weather
UK Met Office
Windy

Then for other conditions planning info
Clear Outside
Tides Near Me

Skippy Sky is interesting for low, mid and high cloud forecasts...

Dark Sky was one of the best ones I had used, but Apple bought it and have integrated it into their own app, but does not have all the bits that Dark Sky had.

I've heard that but I've come across people that don't know that you can tap on almost everything on the screen to get more information, and that each resulting screen often has a drop-down menu to select other options.

I've compared a few and found that the default Apple Weather app is more accurate than the Met Office.
Thanks very much - Unfortunately not an Apple user

Agree, I used to use it for fishing many years ago, and was very good, but now an Apple app :(

I use a number of Apps when planning a photography trip, usually I compare the three weather Apps alongside Windy. Though sometimes I find it's often better to just open the curtains and look outside or just get up and go taking what ever the conditions

Weather Apps.
Norwegian Met Office (YR) https://www.yr.no/en
Apple Weather
UK Met Office
Windy

Then for other conditions planning info
Clear Outside
Tides Near Me
Thanks for all of those Peter. I'll give them a go. Tried the Norwegian one this morning. It said it was going to rain at 10.00am..... it didn't ;) Shocking

@IanD this is a surprisingly useful app.
Oh I wish things were this simple..... tried to download it, but apparently it only works on less modern android phones, I kid you not

Skippy Sky is interesting for low, mid and high cloud forecasts...
Thank you Chris, will take a look

I need to watch the weather twice a week all year round for outdoor tennis as well as photoshoots. I have no doubt that the Met Office is the best I have tried and the BBC rather poor.

Last week I went to Castle Coombe races and was being told by many how wet it was going to be. The met office showed it dry from 10 a.m. and this turned out to be accurate. The guy next to me was moaning about all of the wet weather gear he had had to bring and was amazed when I showed him the met office forecast on my phone which was for the Castle Coombe race circuit.

Dave

Ventusky is a favourite of mine. Pretty cool to see a global overview as well!

I use UAV Forecast, got it mainly for drone flying, but if its good weather to fly a drone then its great for photography to. I find its way better than the weather forecasts on the tv.

Thanks very much - Unfortunately not an Apple user

Agree, I used to use it for fishing many years ago, and was very good, but now an Apple app :(
Hyperlocal is "powered" by Apple's Dark Sky data

It's pretty good. I use this + Accuweather to check if it will rain and HighTide and Nautide to see what the sea and wind is doing.

I use the Met Office and the BBC weather and then pick the one that I like best!

Hyperlocal is "powered" by Apple's Dark Sky data

It's pretty good. I use this + Accuweather to check if it will rain and HighTide and Nautide to see what the sea and wind is doing.

Really impressed with the Hyperlocal app. Seems very accurate compared to others I also have on my phone to check against each other

I use an assortment then dress for the best but carry for the worst!

Back