web gallery - advice please

Shopping Cart - a cheap option is to build the gallery using jAlbum and use the Chameleon skin - but this only accepts paypal payments. Its free. Another one to look at is the EOS template (Enhanced Ordering System) which is a pay-for plug in for jAlbum - cheap but tricky to configure.

I thought Gallery had a shopping cart feature? Been ages since I used it.

I thought Gallery had a shopping cart feature? Been ages since I used it.

i think it does.. i'll try it and see what happens.
but i really want my site to look a bit more pro.
the problem with gallery2 is that if anyone buys my shots they will get a watermark on them, and i dont want to take the watermark off as its too easy to nick the photos from gallery 2

Im pretty sure gallery2 has payment options...there is another gallery software that i know of but cant remember the name. Tt was recommended to me by my current web host who said if i was ever thinking of selling photos then this one would be the one to go for.

I will find out what its called and get back to you

:)

i think it does.. i'll try it and see what happens.
but i really want my site to look a bit more pro.
the problem with gallery2 is that if anyone buys my shots they will get a watermark on them, and i dont want to take the watermark off as its too easy to nick the photos from gallery 2

Gallery2 definitely has the shopping cart, quite good too.

There's an option as well to give them a digital file if that's any good. If it's a print you want to give them without input that's a bit more difficult.

Back