Web gallery help please

S

Slvrbck

Hi all,
I was going to post this on a web design forum but I figured that a lot of you will have come across and solved this problem your self.

I am in the process of building a web site just as another place to show some of my photos.
I am ok with HTML, not to hot with CSS and know nothing about Java.

I have the layout of the site sorted and a basic gallery but it just doesn't look right.

Does anyone know where I can download a basic Java/flash gallery that I can drop into a HTML page? Just something along the lines of a bunch of small images and when you hover over them/click on them, you see a large image?

What I don't like about the one I have at the moment is the way it manages landscape/portrait images, landscape looks fine, portrait is aligned to the right :razz:

If it would help i can put up a mock up of the gallery and the downloadable HTML and CSS files :shrug:

Cheers for any help anyone can offer (y)

As it happens, I have decided to stop being lazy and have built my own in Flash.
It's taken me the best part of this afternoon but it works.

Another vote for lightbox. I've created flash galleries in the past and people always moan that they take too long to load or they have to download flash or that they are 'too flashy'!!

I've now got lightbox on my site and people seem to like it. It's also dead simple to implement, unlike flash!

One advantage Flash has over Lightbox is that you can't right click and save an image from a flash gallery.

Craikeybaby - there are a few codes around that you can insert into a page that prevents right click and also another that disables print screen. Ive used lightbox before and the code and it was a very good combination (since then I have gone over to Coppermine and I'm seriously thinking of going back)

Regards, James

Think i'm possibly going to use lightbox for my site, when I get around to finally doing it.

Cheers for the advice guys,
Can't believe how simple that was to get working.
Had it downloaded and working on a test box in just over an hour.
Just need to add some content and away I go.

Cheers all

Back