Web site design

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
hey im looking to make a website to show off my work and to advertise my work, anyone know of a good free webspace site> i will probably buy my own domain name but im looking for free webspace, like these ones that give you the space for free aslong as they can advertise. also anyone know any really good free web design software iv had a go at Yola.com but it wont let me put a photo gallery on it so any one know any better ones?

Get a google account and you can set up a free website with that. You can even stick your own domain name on it and I don't think it litters your site with advertising either. It's limited to what you can do with it but to be honest, you can spend 30 quid for a years web hosting and that will be fine. Don't be cheap! If you want a website to make you some money, it's worth the investment.

yeah i was considering paying but im still at school and have limited savings so im not really in a a position to pay 30 quid a year lol

As far as software for creating a website, it might be worth looking at Pixelpost or Wordpress, both are good and easily configurable with a little time :)

Your ISP normally provides you with free webspace.

You can sometimes buy webspace from the place you buy the domain, i.e. 123REG have a cheap monthly package for webhosting (£2~ month), but I would recommend getting some proper hosting, so you dont have to pay per email address and aren't as limited with space etc.

As mentioned before, you can use Wordpress one you have sorted out the webspace. I recommend it as it's highly customisable, and free.

I'm still at school and bought hosting and created a website for myself. People keep telling me they like it, but I'm really not happy with it...

Anyway.. There is no better way then just finding some cheap hosting and buying a domain, if you want to make money, it's the only way really...
IMHO of course

I've been trying to design a website for myself for quite some time and when I finish it, i'll be bored of it, scrap it and start all over! I'm now fixed on a new design (not the one in the thread I recently made) and am going to put that online soon... I pick at every little detail to make sure the design is perfect, but more often then not i'm usually not happy with things I design for myself!

Microsoft do a freebie for new business - if it's a business you're setting up here: Comes with reasonably decent template to design your own.

if you have a mac, use iWeb, it's pretty good. My site took less than 1/2 hour to make and it on a £39 a year hosting plan + £7.99 for the domain.

Back