Webhost for Photography website

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
First of all, i would like to say hi to everyone here, as I am new. I am looking forward to becoming part of this community.

My interest in photography started about a year ago, and i was recently thinking about making a website to let people around the world view and comment on my pictures. Rather than using something like Flickr, i have decided that i would like to make my own website, as i am ok at making websites. However, after doing a search on Google, i am unsure as to whether some of these hosts are any good, so i came on here for some advice.

As some of you have some nice looking websites, i would like to know what webhost you use for your site, and more importantly, are they any good?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you give

Ukkor, welcome to TP :)

Have a look at www.clikpic.com. I made my site (see my signature) using their online template.

It's really easy; you can upload however many photo your subscription allows (there are different rates) and customise the colour scheme etc to make an individual site. I think it cot me an initial fee of £35 for a 100 iimage allowance and then about £15 for a domain name and then I pay about £40 a year (I think, don't quote me on that) to host it.

It's a really hassle-free way to get a pro-looking site without having to know HTML code. Plus, you can link it up to Paypal so you cans ell images online.

If your making your own site and don't need templates then I use https://www.one.com/en_GB/ very cheap and so far reliable with all the little things you might need like sql database. £3.60 a month for 25000mb of storage.

Ukkor, welcome to TP :)

Have a look at www.clikpic.com. I made my site (see my signature) using their online template.

It's really easy; you can upload however many photo your subscription allows (there are different rates) and customise the colour scheme etc to make an individual site. I think it cot me an initial fee of £35 for a 100 iimage allowance and then about £15 for a domain name and then I pay about £40 a year (I think, don't quote me on that) to host it.

It's a really hassle-free way to get a pro-looking site without having to know HTML code. Plus, you can link it up to Paypal so you cans ell images online.

If you want something quick out of the box and/or are unable to create your own site, Clikpic is great my Dad uses it and it very impressed.

If you want something a bit more unique/flexible and are able to create your own site, I've always found Dataflame to be a great host, I've been with them for about 7 years now and the minor problems I've had have been fixed straight away by their tech support.

If you want something quick out of the box and/or are unable to create your own site, Clikpic is great my Dad uses it and it very impressed.

If you want something a bit more unique/flexible and are able to create your own site, I've always found Dataflame to be a great host, I've been with them for about 7 years now and the minor problems I've had have been fixed straight away by their tech support.

I've use dataflame for a few years, and have been very good.

Clikpic and similar are ok but are limited to the templates they supply. Some are very popular which means there are quite a lot of similars ones out there. If this is not a problem then it could be an option. However look at someone like Streamline.net which offers (as do many webspace providers) free .co.uk domain names. You could also Google for free websites (which there are many) and then simply edit to your own taste.

Back