Website Help Needed

It ran perfectly on my machine at home, and I'm running a mac, this makes it pretty hard to test because it appears to be working fine locally. Do you have any other webspace that you can try on? I'll give it a shot on my own webspace and see if it makes a difference.

Its mad isnt it, it works fine locally but the minute you put it on a server it goes belly up!

That is the only space I have available at the moment as the other hosting company I used (Lycos) has just pulled its services.

Rather than mess about with it mate, how easy would it be to change to HTML and ditch the flash bit? This may be a better option for me in the long run as most people dont like flash and google rankings certainly doesnt like flash.

Appreciate you helping with this.

Cheers

HTML is a walk in the park depending on who is developing it. Since you have the design finished it wouldn't be too hard changing it to a HTML and CSS website. It's just a case of replicating the site structure and design.

HTML is a walk in the park depending on who is developing it. Since you have the design finished it wouldn't be too hard changing it to a HTML and CSS website. It's just a case of replicating the site structure and design.

Is this not something that the likes of me could do?
As you can see from the site that you downloaded off my site all I need to do is edit the text in the XML to get it to say what I want to say which is easy enough for me....so to get it to a full HTML site, what would I need to do? Or is it quite simply a job I get someone else to do for me??

Do you know HTML and CSS? If so then you could do it. I wouldn't want you to get someone to do it for you if you could do it yourself. Sounds like the XML file makes up the basis of your site content so you'd be looking at getting a website with a CMS so that you could manage the content and image uploads if you don't fancy doing it all manually. Plenty of free CMS systems out there to do that.

Back