Wedding Photo disaster....Please help??

First off your going to need to resize those pictures to 800x600 (forum rules). If you cant then you will need provide download links to the actual pictures.

I'm afraid, as far as my knowlegde goes you wont be able to recover those pictures. Sometimes plumping for a professional photographer is the best thing to do.

Sorry.

King.

Sorry ... But there is no way on earth that you will be able to save anything from the first photo.

The second one looks like it may be possible to do something with. Will have a go later if nobody else beats me to it.

:canon:

Bad luck mate, there seems to be more than just a setting wrong. I inverted the first image and desaturated it the image is a poor black and white but better than it was.

That would require a highly skilled Photoshop user to fix. I'm talking like someone at Adobe. Some parts seem inverted, yet not. I'm sure I've got a similar setting on my phone camera... Maybe, probably not, but maybe try setting the camera to that setting and take a photo of that photo. It may some how reverse it. Its a very very long shot, but worth a shot.

Hmmm they look pretty wrecked, i had a little play with photoshop although still looks pretty bad ....

2002918980615951081_rs.jpg

Oh dear oh dear!!

The 2nd one is do-able, in fact the easiest thing is to convert it to mono and adjust the levels.

The 1st one is a nightmare. The image is solarized, which means it's part positive and part negative. This was done for effect with film by exposing the film to strong light halfway through the development and there's usually a filter in most editing packages for solarisation effects.

Are we sure this is how they came out of the camera and it's not some editing which has been done?

The 1st one is a nightmare. The image is solarized, which means it's part positive and part negative.

Yeah thats what I thought. I tried solarizing it in PS and playing with layer options but it didn't de-solarize it.

The problem is Pete, that if you convert the image to negative, then the neg parts become positive and vicky verky. If the image was of sufficient quality you could convert bits to pos or neg as required with selective masks, but the image is awful quality anyway and you'll never recover most of those faces.

I'm assuming they're digital shots, but if it's film then the fault could be with the processing. The standard at some of the cheap high street processors is awful and a light leak during the development would do it.

One to charge up to experience- you could put hours of work into that 1st one and it would still look awful whatever you did.

Are we sure this is how they came out of the camera and it's not some editing which has been done?

It was taken with a digital camera.

Sometimes plumping for a professional photographer is the best thing to do

What's plumping and how do i do it?

Will have a go later if nobody else beats me to it.

I inverted the first image and desaturated it the image is a poor black and white but better than it was.

Yea I tried that too but the faces were still a bit weird...

maybe the camera is on the way out?!!

No I think its a fairly new camera but he just doesnt have alot of knowledge and has probably put a setting on without realising...

Thanks so far everyone :amstupid:

Acording to the exif they were taken on Canon Powershot A300 3.2mp camera and it has a few funky image modes, like has been said above one of these has probably been used.

The original files may have some more data in them and stand a bit more processing than 800 jpegs, can you get the original files and put a link to them so that people who want a go can use the original files.

From what I read the A300 has... Photo Effects: Vivid, Neutral, Low Sharpening, Sepia, B&W

Back