Wedding photobooks

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Who do you guys use for wedding photobooks and why do you use that particular company--is it the price, the quality, the delivery, the service or a mix of all those.

I have my first wedding booked and would like to offer the couple a few different ideas/packages for a wedding book but i dont have any samples to show them at the moment.

I would do a search but the search function is down at the moment.

depending o your budget, Loxely are great, SIM2000 are also good, or blurb

Vote here for SIM2000, excellent products at good prices and good customer support. Had QC issues with blurb in the past, SIM's binding is far better but then you do pay for it.

I use Loxley, great value, fast turnaround, good quality and there are a variety of cover styles to choose from.

I'd not bother TBH Mark. give them a CD of images and let them do what they want. its a lot of hassel and cost TBH

Who do you guys use for wedding photobooks and why do you use that particular company--is it the price, the quality, the delivery, the service or a mix of all those.

I have my first wedding booked and would like to offer the couple a few different ideas/packages for a wedding book but i dont have any samples to show them at the moment.

I would do a search but the search function is down at the moment.

This is one of the problems you face starting out. The companies often won't publish their prices. Two reasons, one it stops the public from seeing them and working out how much that nice album their photographer made for them cost and two, it stops them being inundated by one off purchasers who won't be buying 10-20 albums a year off them. They want to deal with pros who will buy in quantity and who know how to prepare a file for printing.

The only way round it is to register and get an account. Some suppliers will ask for your website details and ask you to verify that you are a pro.

It's also why shoot to disc is such a limiting idea, the couples cannot go to the likes of Loxley and say "Can you make me an album of these please?" so they don't have access to the same range of products that we do. I'm actually doing quite nicely with couples asking if I can make their album from their destination wedding or an album from their images. I need to make sure they are of sufficient quality first and if the files are OK and the images not too shabby then I can make some good money for a day's work designing the album :)

Sorry I can't help you more but I'm not about to put their pricing on a public forum.

Last edited:
I'd not bother TBH Mark. give them a CD of images and let them do what they want. its a lot of hassel and cost TBH

I like that approach (y) it means I can come along to make them an album from your CD and make a nice mark up on that album, rather than you take the profit thats there to be had after doing the vast majority of the hard work. ( Assuming of course no copywrite issues and the images being good enough)

Last edited:

Ross they are getting a cd with the images on when im finished with the orders that come from it.I believe they are wanting prices for an album/book as well ( which i will discuss tonight ) but havent quoted on yet. I just want an option of lower prices to higher prices--so maybe a cheapo, a mid range and an expensive one. Would prefer somewhere that also does parents albums as it was mentioned that they might also be looking at these--hence why i was looking at borrowing the monitor calibrator from you.

Of course i dont mind to much designing the photobook myself but if one of the companies has a designer onsite to do it and it`s not to much extra cost then i may opt for that to save me a load of time and hassle.

Yip i agree that they will want to have a look at what their getting but they go on honeymoon soon after the wedding. I dont have any samples as yet to show them as this is my first wedding. Luckily they are riends of my wifes and know its my first wedding and have been great so far...(y)

I was looking at them in a copy of Turning Pro mag a few weeks back and wondered if anyone had used them. Can you pm me just a rough estimate of a typical photobook from them, just a ballpark figure.

If you mean me regarding Graphi - then for the same reasons explained above - no :shake:

Suffice to say they are competitive with some of the others already mentioned, and even better value where Parents' Albums are also taken; not forgetting of course their (and many Pros marketing) keeps telling people they are the best so expectations are high

I've had people contacting me asking how much for their photos in a Graphi, while I've never had anyone mention anyone else (y)

DD

No probs. We discussed about an album/photobook and i have left it with them to think about. At the moment its just the cd and they will get back to me about the book, however i found out the the bridesmaid`s other haf is a printer to trade and has done all the invites, table cards so he might e able to sort something--to be honest im not that bothered either way.

tis not a cost effective way for either party IMHO. once you do the wedding you process the images, put on DVD then you can forget about it. no waiting around for people to get back to you etc etc.

I like that approach (y) it means I can come along to make them an album from your CD and make a nice mark up on that album, rather than you take the profit thats there to be had after doing the vast majority of the hard work. ( Assuming of course no copywrite issues and the images being good enough)

there are loads to choose from mark and it depends on the price they want to pay. all we did was get a nice album to put pictures in and we've probably looked at it 2 maybe 3 times in 7 years.

No probs. We discussed about an album/photobook and i have left it with them to think about. At the moment its just the cd and they will get back to me about the book, however i found out the the bridesmaid`s other haf is a printer to trade and has done all the invites, table cards so he might e able to sort something--to be honest im not that bothered either way.

Thumbs up for the CD option from me; nowadays with so many guests having their own cameras too and likely to supply their output to the happy couple, it makes sense they have their own choice from yours plus whatever else they get to make their own album. Obviously any help they need to do that can be added as a 'bolt on' price you can charge.

Which books are people choosing from Loxley? Not sure which to try?

Do they provide samples too?

I was looking at them in a copy of Turning Pro mag a few weeks back and wondered if anyone had used them. Can you pm me just a rough estimate of a typical photobook from them, just a ballpark figure.

Mark I dont have much but if you want to see a couple of Graphistudio albums (look amazing) and an MTA Madrid I can show them to you. I'm just across the water in Hamilton :) PM me if you want.

Also in March you can go to the Photovision show in Edinburgh - all the suppliers are attending.

Back