wedding poses

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to a wedding where the groom is about a foot taller than the bride...

Apart from a box... :LOL:

What are the best ways to pose the couple ????
or would you just shoot as they are...

Thanks

Some people will say you should try and find poses/positions that reduce the height difference, others will say shoot it as it is as this is a more realistic image.

My opinion would be to take a variety of different shots, standing, sitting, perhaps if there's a step she can stand on and just use your judgement on what looks OK.

Generally you'll probably be better off shooting from above them (if at all possible) or at least level with them, shooting upwards will emphasise the difference.

Depending on how they are about it, you could do something cheesy like have her standing on something where she's taller than him and have her thumb on his head.

Not to everyone's taste but the B&G might find it amusing? :LOL:

Thanks Russ...

Everybody knows he is taller, so people will expect it...

but think it would look better if there was less of a difference with the bride just slightly shorter than the groom... (3/4 and head shots).

For the group shots it would be visible, unless i can find a large step...

(y)

It's worth asking them how they want it shot- I love the fact that my husband is so much taller than me, and would hate to have had it minimised in our wedding photos.

on the day it will be less, as the bride will most probably be wearing heels. Lots of creative things to do. You can get rotate the angle slightly to exaggerate the height difference, which funnily enough works well to distract the viewer from the height difference. You can place the bride on a higher step on a set of stairs if available.

Yep I wouldnt worry about it too much, for posed shots of the B&G use steps etc to even them up a little if you like. Sit them down and have her cuddle into him etc.

But I would definately look for shots that are quirky and use the height difference to your advantage. One that springs to mind is have them stand straight ahead at camera postion holding hands (American gothic style) pitch fork would be a handy prop but I doubt you'll have one at hand.

He will probably be able to pick her up easily if she is that much smaller so there are good opportunities there too.

Another one Ive seen somewhere (cant remember who shot it) was a bridesmaid who was much shorter than the other brides maids. Lined them all up and took a 3/4 shot cutting off all the heads of the other bridesmades, the shorter one was in the middle perfectly framed. These kind of shots will be their favourites if they have the right sense of humor, you will have to judge that yourself.

Oh yeah don't overdo it though, they might think youre taking the ****. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys....

(y)

for shots of just the two of them... would placing her in the foreground lessen the height difference?

do agree with poster above that they fit together as tall and small so minimising the difference would maybe not be what they wish for - best ask their opinion I reckon and guage their reaction

A<never.done.proper.wedding.shoot.so.know.little>zure ;)

Back