Wedding togs - what bag do you use?

The tog at our wedding had a smallish wheely peli case which I thought was a bloody good idea, very mobile and quick to get in and out of.

I have a bloody big one for my big glass and they are amazing things. (y)

BTW I'm not in any way a wedding tog so am prepared to be shot down on this :D

I keep all my lens + accessories in a shoulder bag (crumpler prettyboy 7500) and obviously have the camera in my hands or slung over my shoulder. This way my gear is always with me, and very easy access.

Two cameras worn on straps. I use the mini trekker for carting stuff around between venues but carry what I need and leave the bag in a safe place.

I use two bags one for the Medium format (group shots) one for the 35mm (soon to be DSLR) candit and quick grab shots. Some people use ali cases but I prefer a softish bag just in case you bump inot a guest accidently.

I only use one lens on each an 80mm on the medium format and a 28-105 on my

Nikon.Sooner or later I'll be using just the one format DSLR

I tend to carry 2 bodies, one with the 70-200 2.8 and the other body with either the 17-85 ( 40D Kit lens ) or 50mm, I have a 580EX11 mounted on each just in case, bag stays in the car or under a table and I have my own system for CF cards, empty on my right side, used on my left.

Works for me :)

I tend to have 2 bodies with flash worn on the body with my two main lenses on with my Lowepro Orion AW beltpack with the shoulder strap attached (helps spread the weight - essential over a long day). In the pack is are my special lenses (105mm Macro, 50mm f1.8), spare batteries and memory cards.

I'll check these out, sounds like just what I'm after.

The Pretty Boy has been replaced by the Muffin Top, I think the 7500 would be an applicable replacement.

By the way, I have the Pretty Boy XL that I use when I want to travel light and it is a very comfortable bag. I think Crumpler are pretty underrated, probably because of their crazy advertising but the build quality is exceptional.

Back