Beginner Weebill-S help needed

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I had this Weebill-S for quite a while but used only a few times, when I absolutely had to. My cam (5D mkIII, Magic Lantern RAW, 16-35mm f/4 @ 16mm f/4) is a bit out of date for video that's a given, but what the hell is that Wobble-S ?! Looks horrible, that sideways swinging which I thought it should get rid of, and not make more of. Is that some rookie error, bad settings or are the a bit like this? I put it through Davinci resolve stabiliser and it is now passable but not 100% what you would like.
Once I look into actually doing more house videos, and get the R6 (absolute min spec) or ideally something even better I need this performing better than that. Or do I look into upgrading to DJI RS3 / PRO as soon as get a new cam? Thanks.
View: https://youtu.be/ohKv-0N7GS4

I don't think this is too bad a starting point.

You could look at a couple of options on your gimbal. It may have a Locked mode where it will only point in one direction regardless of how you move the handle, which might work for the type of straight dolly shot in your clip. Also your gimbal will have a Dead Band adjustment which allows you to make it less sensitive to smaller movements.

Gimbal shots are often filmed at a higher frame rate and slowed down and have stabilisation applied in post. Try not to wobble the handle from side to side as you walk, while the gimbal will take out the yaw it can't take out movements of the camera from side to side or up and down. When I started I found I could walk much smoother going backwards and reversing the shot. Another tip on this kind of kitchen shot is to place your forearm on the edge of the work top and slide it along the edge to get a nice smooth shot.

Don't be too critical this type of shot, where there is furniture close to the camera it shows up every small movement.

Back