Weekend in Norfolk (lots of pics)

Edit My Images
No
Decided to reap the best out of the weather and have the weekend in Norfolk, concentrating mainly on whatever comes along, but mostly birds, (apologies in advance as i've already posted to many) as they look so nice in this light.
I also managed to find the place where one of the rarest birds in Britain is found, the "White Crowned Sparrow" and also managed to rattle off some shots of it as it made a 10 second appearance infront of a crowd of about 80 people, its been in the paper twice and on the television :eek:

Apart from that, and the -5 temperature there were still plenty of birds to be seen, and a Hare. :)

Start of the day.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.5.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

This the crowd of people at the White Crowned Sparrow site, not hard to find.

14.jpg

White crowned sparrow himself!

15.jpg

Some reed Buntings.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Marsh harrier, MkIII started getting a bit weird, shots aren't 100% sharp
So I didn't crop in (almost full frame), but still the closest i've been to one,

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Sunset to finish the weekend.

21.jpg

Oh gawd! I hate being the whinge-bag about image sizes, especially with peeps who dont post too often... but any chance you can resize these to the 800px size limit.
Or I can remove the tags and leave as clickable links, up to you.

Some fabulous images there, as you say, some appear a little soft, but on the whole a cracking set.
Ive never even heard of the White Crowned Sparrow, so extra thanks for sharing that lovely image ... also my bit of education done for the day! ;)
I cant help but feel drawn to the hare shots, love the contrast between the warm golden sun on its fur against the cold frozen terrain.
Lovely! (y)

They're fantastic! You have got some great shots of the hare and I love all of the bird photo's as well, they're beautiful!

While those are lovely sharp pictures of animals, I love the first and the last most, because Norfolk was home, and you've captured it nicely :)

Back