Well everybody's done it!

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
................taken the obligatory squirrel shot !! :D

There is a quiet riverbank behind where I work,, no people, just the odd moorhen. This chap was a newcomer... but enjoyed sharing my lunch!

They are all straight from camera.. just the odd bit off an edge here and there.

All taken using the cheapo Canon 75-300mm F4-5.6 USM III.
All at F5.6, ISO 400, manual mode, pattern meterering.

Squirrel2.jpg

Squirrel3.jpg

Squirrel5.jpg

Squirrel4.jpg

Thanks guys.....I was quite pleased with these as he wasnt a park or garden squirrel who is used to people, but a wild 'un!

Kev, I for the first time in my life, made an action in photoshop to do these borders. Made a duplicate background layer, canvas size 1" bigger (relative) in white, drop shadow on that and tweaked it about to my liking and saved it as a new style name so I can use it again.

Recorded all this as an action...

and now for each shot I put up, just click the action button and its done!!

Jason, what magazine did you have in mind.... NUTZ? :D :LOL:

Great shots janice as said above the first ones a cracker (y)

They'll pass muster J ... ;)

Especially #1 ... terrific capture and very nice treatment pc ... (y)

:p

Superb shots Janice, especially No1! :clap:

The last one made me smile too - looks like he/she's taking a bow! :LOL:

These are excellent Janice! :love: :clap:

The squirrel look mighty tubby... would it be a pregnant female at this time of year :shrug:

Not just lucky shot's Janice, well considered, and nicely taken.

Squidgers are as rare as LTTs around here!

I can't believe how close you get, any squirrels around here are gone by the time you get within a 100 yards :shake:

Wow Janice, what a lovely well composed set of images. Well Done you..:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow Janice! :clap: great set . number one is a cracking shot , love the pose(y)

Lovely squirrel pictures, the last one has the edge over the others for me.

1st and last :D

be happy

:annoyed:

no not everyones got or done one yet
but that said nice shots janice. ill be there one day promise:naughty:

Superb shots,especially if they had no processing.:)

We used to have loads of squirres around here, then a couple of years ago they disappeared. I haven't seen a single one so far this year.:crying:

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times i've seen a squirrel here in NI let alone photograph one.

I can't believe how close you get, any squirrels around here are gone by the time you get within a 100 yards :shake:

I wondered if anyone would notice I was at eye-level with him! Well it did involve a lot of laying down on the grass and waiting...and waiting!

In fact I was waiting for a comment from a certain person about that, but havent received it yet!! ;) :D :LOL:

I wondered if anyone would notice I was at eye-level with him! Well it did involve a lot of laying down on the grass and waiting...and waiting!

In fact I was waiting for a comment from a certain person about that, but havent received it yet!! ;) :D :LOL:

Seem to remember you having some sort of crude comment about my laying down!:razz:
Janice having patience & waiting:clap:
That said they are some nice shots of vermin. Tree rats we call them. Now if they had been the native Reds then all them ants in your pants would have been really worth it.(y) Just joking by the way. Really excellent shots. No1 & 5 for me

Seems I canna count this morning! No 1 & 4. Been stressed among Roe this morning!!! Think I want to sell my camera!

What's all that about Sawman:shrug:

Only another 4 to go and I pass 500 posts. I think I will go spamming:LOL:

What's all that about Sawman:shrug:
Went out looking for Roe this morning. Took ages to creep through the wood. Nothing to be seen. Sat down at the wood edge Just looking at the view from the hill. Getting nice & relaxed, when A Doe starts barking not10 yards from me.Right behind me. Made me jump it did! I decided not to bother trying to get her pic as camera was facing other way on tripod!
It gets worse. about 15 mins later I was fiddling about taking a landscape when a lovely Buck came over the rise about 20 yards from me. Swung the camera on him & pressed the shutter. Totally over exposed. I felt such a fool. It was just the shot i have been wanting for ages. Now where did i put that instruction maual:bang:

Some of the nicest pictures you have posted in quite a while Janice..:)

Very well done.:clap:

Back