WEMACRO AUTOMATED RAIL OPINIONS

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS PRODUCT AS I WAS RESEARCHING FOR HOW TO DO MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM MEMBERS OF THIS FROUM, WHO HAVE THIS PRODUCT,WHAT EXPERIENCES THEY HAVE HAD WITH IT? I AM THINKING OF BUYING ONE,WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BUY ? I SEE THERE IS A CHINESE AND A BRITISH SITES TO BUY FROM,I THINK THE CHINESE ONE WORKS OUT CHEAPER.
ALL OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

YOURS KINDLY PAUL.

Remember that VAT will be due when importing from China (20% of the price + postage cost) + admin fee. This may or may not be charged depending on whether the parcel is checked by customs. I've been looking at WeMacro and other macro rails for stacking with a view to getting one, but haven't quite decided yet. I think importing direct from China works out more economical the more items you order as the postage is relatively high (I think about $100 per order).

Another alternative is MJKZZ - there is a European distributor in Germany (link). Worth checking the US site as well (link) as some of the products aren't listed on the German site although you should be able to order through there if you contact them. Postage is reasonable and no additional VAT, although the base price is more than WeMacro.

The hardware of both is meant to be of good quality - I'm not sure how the control software / usability differs between them. The US-made Stackshot is meant to be the best in that respect, but it's more expensive and there will also be import taxes.

Hi Paul and Giles,

I am the German distributor :).. hope it is ok for everybody if I will answer questions here - of course I am not going to post some links if it is against the forum rules.

So if there are any questions about the control software or the controller itself, I will be happy to help.

Warm regards,
Daniel

Back