West Brom vs. Bristol City - boxing day '07.

Edit My Images
Yes
As the title states, I used my Mark III at the Hawthorns today. First time since the sub mirror was sorted and the new firmware applied. Being honest, it was as shocking as ever and I had very few keepers from around 300 frames. I am now totally gutted and thinking about my options. I was shaking my head in disbelief as 'money' shots appear out of focus.

I am looking at the D3 now. Time may have run out for Canon with me. Pretty fed up. I despatched two Mark II's for one of these and they dont perform in low light, despite the better high ISO.

Here are some shots that made it. For the record, Kevin Phillips was in a different class today and a pleasure to watch through a lens.

UNPT8136.jpg

UNPT7945.jpg

UNPT8040.jpg

UNPT7870.jpg

UNPT7913.jpg

UNPT8122.jpg

UNPT7900.jpg

Some of these'd not look out of place on the back pages. Well done(y)(y)

Thinking on turning to the dark side are we :LOL:

Is it really that bad, is it the AF that dose not perform in low light ?

Iain

How do you sneak your cam in or do you do it for living?

I was wondering how you got the shots! Great pics btw.

How do you sneak your cam in or do you do it for living?

I am a seasoned semi-pro photographer is all. No sneaking my kit into any ground.

"Excuse me sir, is that a 300mm 2.8 in your trousers or are you pleased to see me?" :nuts:

Not really a West Brom fan but always wish them well since they're my local team. Some fantastic shots here that I think West Brom or Bristol City fans would pay good money to get hold of. Well done (y)
Sorry to hear about your experiences with Canon hope you have better luck with the D3.

Pcitures are spot on Diego. Shame your having so many issues witht he mk3. Im guessing if you change over you will have to get rid of the rest of the system you have to move to nikon?

As always, great shots (y)

even with the MkIII problems it's still a great set :)

Great stuff as usual mate.......sorry that your MKIII still showing focus issues :(

I am a seasoned semi-pro photographer is all. No sneaking my kit into any ground.

"Excuse me sir, is that a 300mm 2.8 in your trousers or are you pleased to see me?" :nuts:

Diego, some great shots:clap:, what ISO? 1600 or 3200?

It could be worse you know, it could be "Excuse me sir, is that a 10mm f.2 you have in your trousers?"

Pete

Nice set of shots mate, sorry to hear your still having problems with the MK3, I gave up and just kept the mk2n's cant fault them and have never let me down, so decided to not go with the mk3's.

I will be using a pair of D3's with 600 and 400mm later in the year as i'm shooting for a client who is supplying gear for the shoots I've been comissioned for, so I'm looking forward to have a play on the darkside.

take the plunge got to play with one the other week fantastic is the only way to describe was taking photos at 5000 iso indoors and was turning out some really nice stuff all i've got to do is save up now!!

Back