Westcott 43" (?) umbrellas

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Just a quick reality check - are they supposed to be 43" from edge to edge or are they much much smaller in real life

Either way I bought a useless piece of kit.. just need to know if I should blame seller or Westcott.
Many thanks.

would it be measured at the widest point, across the ribs.

And why would it be 'useless'? I can't think how I would ever need a brolly measured perfectly to the inch, the only modifier I've ever measured was one of the tiny godox popups (and they're seriously undersized).

And why would it be 'useless'? I can't think how I would ever need a brolly measured perfectly to the inch, the only modifier I've ever measured was one of the tiny godox popups (and they're seriously undersized).
Godox and china proper ones appear to be measured like this. Unless wesctoott measure them completely flattened which would be very misleading.

8x cm is much smaller than 110, which is again much much smaller than 130cm than you would imagine. 130 is sadly too big for many "standard" homes, so 110 is just about a reasonable compromise. Now the client broke two of them by deciding they wanted a draft during a storm. So they need replacing like for like, not with much smaller hard light. Real estate and hard light definitely don't mix together

I think Westcott measure their brollies around the curve the "arc" of the circumference as they put it: https://www.fjwestcott.com/en-gb/products/7-foot-silver-umbrella

But, as you say Phil - still a massive umbrella :)

I think Westcott measure their brollies around the curve the "arc" of the circumference as they put it: https://www.fjwestcott.com/en-gb/products/7-foot-silver-umbrella

But, as you say Phil - still a massive umbrella :)
Yes, the 7ft, or so they call it. I completely forgot about it. I bought silver pixapro 160cm one last year and asked the shop about westcott and they explained the sizes were actually nearly identical. I like that umbrella. Not quite parabolic reflector but it can kind of mimic some effects. Obviously portrait work only, and useless for real estate. The size is really impressive.

So basically 43-ARC are going back. Shame on Westcott, apologies to the seller.

Back