Western Lake District

Edit My Images
Yes
This picture is from Wast water in the western lakes, taken as the sun was disappearing behind the mountains. I know I lost the sky but I quite like the overall effect. Would a graduated filter have fixed the problem? Comments welcome!

wast_fence_poster.jpg

thanks johnj. I fear it is too late to rescue it, but I might go back and give it another go.

An ND Grad would have helped, or you can take multiple exposures and then blend them in PS. Either way, I still think its a brilliant shot, love the colours :)

Excellent composure, If you can I'd go back either with an ND grad or take multiple exposures and blend in PS, or do both and see which you like best. The location and your shot selection is too good to leave it unfinished.

Thanks JimBob. I like the light on the clouds and the reflection on the water. The highlights on the posts and stones look OK too but I'm not sure how I managed that.

Alex2001 thanks for your comments. I will go back and try to get the shot I wanted and re-post if it's any better. I've got a 25% ND grad to play with but not sure if it's dark enough for this kind of thing. Just have to try it and see!

Dave

Back