Weston-Super-Mare

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
An enjoyable afternoon spent in Weston last week. here are a few pictures taken. Feedback appreciated. Taken using a Nikon FM2, Ilford XP2 and a mixture of filters (mostly orange and graduated ND).

CNV00031.JPG

CNV00030.JPG

CNV00026.JPG

Last edited:
Justin - please keep your image sizes to under 1024px longest side - I know we have the image resizer in place, but it's still in the rules to keep the image size under 1024 in due deference to the poor benighted souls who have to connect via a fixed bandwidth allocation.

Cheers.

#1 for me Justin, nice composition and the people aid perspective

#1 for me as well, good and interesting composition, I like the way the board walk leads the eye through to the buildings and the contrast between sky, land and sea is good.

Someone may point out the rule of thirds, but not me I like just the way it is and the rule of halves is sometimes better and this proves the point.

The contrast between the calm inner water to the choppy sea is a very nice aspect of the shot and also the drying puddles enhance the interest in the photo. The other two just do not have the same impact.

Overall very good indeed.

PS I have just used the top of my screen to crop to just above the lowest cloud and it looks very panoramic and works, have a go. :)

Last edited:
Maybe this is why people do not critic?

Not even a thank you.

Many apologies, I thought I had responded. Sorry I got quite busy of late.

P.S. I even followed some of your advice when ordering a canvas print of the image in terms of cropping, so it was much appreciated.

:D(y)

Back