Weyhill Hawk Conservancy

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Went along to this place to have a go at shooting birds that move, and my god do they move! Hats off to everyone here who can get anything in focus :D I didn't realize just how hard it is to shoot these things in flight. But I did have a great day shooting (blurred lumps) and for a £10 entrance, I can highly recommend the place.

Anyway, back on track.........

Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 200 mm

If anyone has a few tips (for a novice in this field) they'd like to share I'd appreciate it (y)

Not a bad first effort at all :) They are hard to capture are'nt they.

Don't get me wrong, I like how sharp and well exposed everything is....I just don't like photos of birds on a tether. With so many awesome images of actual wild birds of prey, it is hard to feel the impact here.

Gary.

Not a bad first effort at all :) They are hard to capture are'nt they.

Thanks, and damn right they are hard to capture. I was totally unprepered for their speed.

Don't get me wrong, I like how sharp and well exposed everything is....I just don't like photos of birds on a tether. With so many awesome images of actual wild birds of prey, it is hard to feel the impact here.

Gary.

Thanks Gary. I actually agree with you on the tethers. I would much prefer to see them without. Unfortunately not mush wild Hawks (that I can see) in SE London though. When and if I get a good one i'll PP the tether out if I can.

Back