weymouth in the blue hour

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, after my first post revisited at the bluehour but imho the blue hour didnt do it for me. Recropped the first image which i really love even more now. Thanks for advice

harbour 1 by woody174, on Flickr

in the blue hour by woody174, on Flickr

Will try again before going home saturday.

Love the Blue Hour one, the colours are superb.

The perspective looks a little odd though, everything appears squashed up, smaller, if that makes sense?

Really nice crisp shots. The colours really pop, well done you.

I agree with you - I prefer the first one. Looks excellent now you have cropped it

Much prefer the blue hour also, but I agree with Jenko - it definitely looks kind of squashed vertically. I've never been there and but the houses are wider in the first shot and the boat is definitely out of shape.

The second's overdone. You've squashed it horizontally or stretched it vertically which gives it a cartoon-like appearance. If you lowered the mid-tones say 30% it would start to look more like the evening rather than hyped up to look like full daylight. Having done that I'd also lower the saturation - say by 30% again.

There are all sorts of problems with the 2nd one, you've over done the luminance and it looks more like day than early evening resulting in an unsightly halo around the trees. Further, I'm assuming to make it fit the crop, you've distorted the image. The composition is good and theres a decent image in the second one you just need to revisit your PP

Thanks for advice and replies. Back home now so I'm going to revisit the pp as I've ruined what could and should have been a good shot. Also taken some more later in the blue hour which were much better. Will post when I've had a look

Back