Critique Wharfedale Viaduct

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this morning Comments, Critique and advice always welcome

Thanks for looking :)

Steve

I really like the symmetry of the first two, but I think the branches in top right corner and fore ground grass are a bit distracting, but I still like both shots.

The first two for me as well, although I can see what you were trying in the third and I think the fourth needed a wider angle to get the whole viaduct in. The great thing for me on the first one is the differnce the tree in the left hand arch makes to the photo as there is a bit of repetition without the reflection at that end and the tree really makes up for that.

Love the first 2, First one mainly. 3rd one is going nothing for me! Sorry!
Thanks Joe, the third one may have more merit if the foreground was more interesting, maybe?

I really like the symmetry of the first two, but I think the branches in top right corner and fore ground grass are a bit distracting, but I still like both shots.

Thanks for your comments Liz. The problem with the branches is they overhung the river and were unavoidable as I was shooting from the river bank.

The first two are really good composition wise, love the reflections in the first 2 and the calmness off the water great work.

Thanks Mandy your right about the reflections they do make the shot.

The first two for me as well, although I can see what you were trying in the third and I think the fourth needed a wider angle to get the whole viaduct in. The great thing for me on the first one is the differnce the tree in the left hand arch makes to the photo as there is a bit of repetition without the reflection at that end and the tree really makes up for that.

Cheers Peter, the 4th shot was actually the better spot for the photo. The sun was behind lighting up the viaduct but the foreground was more cluttered and no reflection.

Brilliant set but 1 does it for me have to agree the branches do.... Get in the way but still a perfect image

Cheers Ben, I quite like how the trees and grass frame the photo.

The problem is I got there a little late and the sun was already up directly behind the viaduct which caused me all sorts of problem lighting wise. Plus I had not taken my tripod because the viaduct was not my main reason for being out with the camera that morning, I just called there first to give the market time to busy up. The better shot was from the other side with the sun slightly to the right and behind as it lit the viaduct up lovely as seen in the 4th shot. regarding the grass & tree branches if I could have avoided them I would but my only option would be to clone them out.

Steve

Steve

Back