What a difference the sun makes *new pic*

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
2 shoots taken one after the other with the camera on a tripod, in the second the sun is behind a cloud.

2569964191_d8143fb3da_o.jpg

2570790032_b667d83686_o.jpg

Have posted them both to show the difference the light can make to a photo.

C&C as always very welcome

Last edited:
I much prefer the first version, the second is too dark for me. Then again you can have too much light - the tropics at noon is overwhelming.

Wow, that really emphasis's the point that you should sometimes wait for a break in the clouds when you are at a nice landscape

Agree with RH1944 though that sometimes Sun can be a pain in the bum though, that wedding shot with everyone squinting, the macro with too much shadow - etc..

Good comparison (y) Deffinatley the first one.

The sky looks a bit surreal for a silhouette!
Cracking shot though, nice insight into the importance of good light!

Thanks foodpoison

we covered the topic a lot on the course i was on, and as i had the pics that demonstrated it i thought i would share them here:)

Here's my fave shot for demonstrating light and shadow. A cliff face at Cawfield Quarry, on the path of Hadrians Wall.

Sun was almost down, and a shadow was being cast on the lower portion of the cliff face.
:D

cawfieldlight.jpg

Here's my fave shot for demonstrating light and shadow. A cliff face at Cawfield Quarry, on the path of Hadrians Wall.

Sun was almost down, and a shadow was being cast on the lower portion of the cliff face.
:D

cawfieldlight.jpg

TBH Oli R C im sure that pic really does. It has nice reflections and the sun pics out the colours on the rocks. But the sky is blown out and the composition does nothing for the picture.

1st photo's nice, and as you said Toothie, really shows how much difference a bit of sun can make.

Awesome. :)

Back