What bird is this?

Name
Paddy
Edit My Images
No
Hey guys,

Just saw this bird fall from a gutter, and as he just sat there we thought he might need some help; since he didn't look like a baby.
Tried to give him bread and water, but didn't take any. Just sat there watching me for 5 minutes and then suddenly flew out of the window :thinking:

I've seen them in the garden very often, so I presume it's a common breed? I just know absolutely nothing of birds :shrug:

(Sorry for the crappy pic, only had 2 seconds to take one as i was trying to feed him etc :D)

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/Spedz/DSC_3694.jpg

Staff Edit : Image changed to clickable link. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules. Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no birdie expert but I've had these little fellows in our garden, they are usually with I think is their blue tit parents - as they are feeding them from our bird feeders..

BUT I could be wrong an no doubt I am :LOL: but some one will be along to put it all right...

:edit: Phew....... I was actually right for something :p

Thanks for your replies, is good to know what it was :LOL:
Was that a baby one then? Didn't seem to have any fluff and flew fine so i presumed it was an adult.
Was glad to see it fly away though, maybe it was just dazed from the fall :)

Thanks for your replies, is good to know what it was :LOL:
Was that a baby one then? Didn't seem to have any fluff and flew fine so i presumed it was an adult.
Was glad to see it fly away though, maybe it was just dazed from the fall :)

I agree its possibly dazed, but I dont understand why he fell from the gutter, the most common thing is that they fly into a glass window and get stunned, its always nice that they have recovered.

Its difficult to age the bird from the details in the picture, its not a young baby one, but I would suspect its only fledged this year looking at his markings, so is inexperienced and relatively young. Hope this helps, but there maybe someone on here with more knowledge than me who can give more details for you.

Definitely a young one from this year - it still has that yellow appearance.

Definitely a young one from this year - it still has that yellow appearance.

:agree: I would also refrain from feeding it bread if you come across any more :shake:, it has no nutritional value and will only bloat the bird up to the point where it will not take on more natural food ;)

Back