What Bird Is This?

Name
Daniel Rood
Edit My Images
Yes
2148491379_1b6a459d4f_b.jpg

Dan

Female Chaffinch.

Agreed. When you're shooting up into branches at this time of year those blank white skies are a problem. Good shot though.

yeh, i was just in the garden trying to take some pictures of the birds but i had obveously scared them away so ended up taking pics over the fence. Theres also a nesting box with blue tits in, I could be wrong though. Heres a picture:
2149372188_80d32dd295_b.jpg

I know the quality it bad, it was taken through a small gap in the fence. Hopefully they will eventually move into my garden :D

CT i see you have both the canon TC's was wondering what sort of results you get with each of them paired with the 70-200 F2.8?

Blue Tit it is! (y)

Check this thread for some views on the extenders with the 70-200 2.8L IS

CLICKY

Thanks for the help, I see your abit of an expert CT. Looked on your website, all very very very nice shots specially the squirrel ones. I'm very jelous!

Thanks for the comments. :)

The squirrels are a love/hate thing with me - I can get squirrel shots virtually any time of the day, but they can be a pest and very destructive. There's no denying their antics can be amusing, and we're getting along a lot better now that I've finally found a couple of bird feeders which have resisted all their attempts to get into them or wreck them completely. :D

I don't consider myself an expert. Bird photography is something I've come to very late in my photographic life. I always had a sneaking interest mind you. All I know is I get tremendous satisfaction from bird togging. I think it appeals to the hunter/stalker in all of us, but the birds get to home when we've done.:) I never tire of being out there, and the odd killer pic or a new species for the collection is the icing on the cake.

Don't be jealous... just be patient you'll get there. ;)

Back