What cable do I need for my TV?

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just purchased a new TV for the girlfriend at her new pad. The only cable we have there is. Satellite cable which doesn’t fit in the TV and we don’t have Sky or anything like that.
The TV has a built in free view box which we’re looking to use but need an aerial cable But not sure which one I need in terms of the right connections. It needs to be around six metres long, too so it reaches the TV. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Attachments

• F950229C-529D-4237-8C62-4DC1C8ED3637.jpeg
    F950229C-529D-4237-8C62-4DC1C8ED3637.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 2F1A05BA-3BE2-4770-90FC-4870D2DB5842.jpeg
    2F1A05BA-3BE2-4770-90FC-4870D2DB5842.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 69
Such an aerial cable is called Co-Ax cable, it is IMO standard for linking the normal aerial to a TV.

HTH

Like these

You need a male to male cable....this assumes you have a wall socket (perhaps marked TV aerial) that looks just like the one you have shown in your pictures ;)

I am referring to the second picture that looks like the back of TV......not sure about your other white box picture but if you need to plug a Coax into they you need a male to female adapter as well.

Last edited:
Such an aerial cable is called Co-Ax cable, it is IMO standard for linking the normal aerial to a TV.

You need a male to male cable....this assumes you have a wall socket (perhaps marked TV aerial) that looks just like the one you have shown in your pictures ;)

I am referring to the second picture that looks like the back of TV......not sure about your other white box picture but if you need to plug a Coax into they you need a male to female adapter as well.

The white box is where you connect to the outside aerial

Not sure why you are saying male to male cable as that box clearly needs a female connector and the TV male connector so a standard male to female cable will do the job without the need for extra connectors :thinking:

@Ravinder places such as Homebase sell them and are still open at the moment

The white box is where you connect to the outside aerial

Not sure why you are saying male to male cable as that box clearly needs a female connector and the TV male connector so a standard male to female cable will do the job without the need for extra connectors :thinking:

@Ravinder places such as Homebase sell them and are still open at the moment

Looking more closely, yes I now realise that the white 'box' is actually a wall plate termination unit for a group of services!

So yes, the coax cable does indeed need to be a male to female cable.

PS
The reason I said male to male was because to date this has been the wall socket I have been used to i.e. a female type

Last edited:
You can get a male to female coax adaptor, that way getting a male to male cable you will have the best of both.
Yup, which is what said in the first place.

PS though not needed to for many years......I used to make up my own cables, mostly exact length as required with appropriate plugs ;)

You can get a male to female coax adaptor, that way getting a male to male cable you will have the best of both.

But not needed in this case, so why ?

Right fittings and adaptor, but you said 6 meters and that is only 5 meters

But not needed in this case, so why ?
Just so that all scenarios are covered, also can be used to extend two cables if needed ...... and I always like to "Be Prepared "

:cool:

Back