What canon film SLR for a Digital convert

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all
Many years ago I had a zenit E and a Zorki 4 35mm cameras and about two years ago bought Canon Digital cameras (EOS) and lenses :D so would like suggestions for a decent Canon film camera as I miss 35mm slide photography so much :) any suggestions very welcome

Thanks in advance
Steve

Well it would make sense for you to get one which accepts your existing EF lenses. I suggest an EOS 3 - awesomely spec'd camera and you can get a nice one pretty cheap. 45 AF points and weather sealed.

Well as long as you go for the canon EOS film camera's they'll use the same lenses (bar the DC ones) mine was one of the lower end ones so cost £100 new but its took some cracking pics. Sky is the limit! or should I say budget ;)

Well it would make sense for you to get one which accepts your existing EF lenses. I suggest an EOS 3 - awesomely spec'd camera and you can get a nice one pretty cheap. 45 AF points and weather sealed.

Thanks CT I'll take a look at the EOS 3 :)

Well as long as you go for the canon EOS film camera's they'll use the same lenses (bar the DC ones) mine was one of the lower end ones so cost £100 new but its took some cracking pics. Sky is the limit! or should I say budget ;)

Thanks LKavaney as I said in the OP I would like to use the eos lenses I already have, I realise the fit is the same :)
What is it you miss about film?

Good question :) TBH it's the slideshow with slides as I haven't found a way to do this digitally as yet :)

What is it you miss about film?

please lets not start this again

I'd say an eos 3? can get a body for about £150 from a camera shop or cheaper on ebay.

+1 for the EOS 3 - I find it more technical than my 40D! So many custom functions, you'd swear you were using an advanced digital camera except it obviously doesn't have an LCD at the back :LOL:

The EOS 3 is a beast and with the battery grip it dwarfs a 1 Series. The eye control actually works too, but the more times you run the calibration procedure, the better it gets.

The eye control actually works too, but the more times you run the calibration procedure, the better it gets.
Critically overlooked and drastically underrated. They really ought to consider bringing it back.

Critically overlooked and drastically underrated. They really ought to consider bringing it back.
I must confess, I originally thought it a bit of a gimmick, but having persevered with it - it does work and works well.

Back