What do I do

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I Have two "real" cameras:

Nikkormat FTn - meter does not work, I am not "bovvered", shutter accurate, 2 lenses - 50mm f2, Vivitar 70 - 210 (?)

Canon EOS30V - does work, with standard zoom, can't be bothered to check.

Which one do I spend the money on, which do I supply new lenses?

Your answers, even rude ones will be appreciated.

if the Nikkormat allows manual exposure, id spend on that. It would be a different shooting experience from your Sony DSLR, manual exposure, manual focus etc. For me the canon one would be a bit boring and samey!

Why not a minolta? Spend all your cash at once on a Dynax 7 - awesome kit :D

Nikkormat Andy, if it was my camera. Its a classic, will have better resale value; and - this is the best reason - Nikon over Canon anyday :D:D

***What do I do***

........use your OM10 and spend the money on a lens, Olympus prime lens are excellent?

if the Nikkormat allows manual exposure, id spend on that. It would be a different shooting experience from your Sony DSLR, manual exposure, manual focus etc. For me the canon one would be a bit boring and samey!

I agree about the Canon, it does everything for you, and I am not convinced about the lens quality (kit zoom). I will not get rid of the Nikkormat, so I suppose I should be patient and look out for bargains. I may have to get a seal kit for it, because the last film had a bit of streaking on it.

I would go for the Nikkormat, even being a Canonista, :canon:I would say the Canon was a bit samey, just like a Digital but with film, anyway I like old Cameras.:)

Dave.

Thanks

For totally confusing me :D

I know that the old Rokkor lenses were the business, and the beercans as well.

Dynax 7 is an excellent camera, same lenses as your Sony too... hence the advice.

Back