What does everyone keep their filters in ??

I use the cases they come in, cheep and i know they won't get scratched.

I tend to keep them in what they come in until I am using them then they get shoved in pockets and all sorts :(

i keep mine in the case they come in too.

On the lens or the box they came in

If you have a few and want to keep them together, try a CD wallet.

If you glue the plastic containers that they come in together (back to back), you get a nifty little storage unit and it's easy to see and get at the filter you want ...................

If you have a few and want to keep them together, try a CD wallet.

Unless you're using a square filter system (ie Cokin, Lee etc)

My experience (hard won unfortunately) is that the material used in CD wallets is extremely abrasive when in contact with filters - hence my Cokin set being traded in for a new set of Lee/Hi-Tech....and the Lee filter case

Si

If you glue the plastic containers that they come in together (back to back), you get a nifty little storage unit and it's easy to see and get at the filter you want ...................

Good idea that. Need to buy more than just the one polarizing filter then. Got UV filters on all my lenses, but i keep them on for protection more than anything.

Been looking for a case to keep my new filters in when they arrive and really can't justify spending the sort of money Lee or Cokin are asking for their cases (even though filters cost a fortune themselves!!)

Anyway taking on board the comments above on CD cases and searching some US forums it appears they have soft lines CD cases in the US e.g. this one http://www.autobarn.net/ac90905.html but surprise you can't buy this in the UK so did a bit more searching and found this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-CD-Holder...Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM?hash=item260335006017

which appears to be almost identical to the US link and has soft lined pockets so should be scratch free for the filters.

Thought this might help anyone thinking of spending loads on a filter case?

Back