what filters?

Edit My Images
No
Ok I just bought a 400d and would like some filters. I see there are slide in ones where you have to get some sort of mount and the round ones that screw right on.The filters im thinking of getting is a grad filter so I can take landscape with longer explosures but don't blow the sky out and a IR filter.Anyone have any particular recommendations? I see cheap ones on ebay but are they much cop?:shrug: example pics would be top aswell! (y)

Hi mate, probably loads of info on this topic if you do a search.....and it all depends really on how much you are willing to spend and what lenses you will be putting the filters in front of I suppose. The cheaper filters like cokin etc. are a good intro into filters and will certainly help balance the foreground whilst retaining detail in the sky.
I'd suggest just getting some of the cheaper ones to start with, find out if you like to use them and which you tend to use the most....then if/when buying the more expensive ones you will be more informed as to your requirements.
I use Hi-Tech filters (probably mid range) a set of 100mm nd's, nd grads and a Lee filter holder was just over £200 IIRC. So can be quite costly if your not going to use them.
HTH.
Ken.

Try the following.

http://www.cokin.co.uk/pdf/B026-A.pdf

It's the pdf of the Cokin catalog. Inside you'll see the effect certain filters can give.

Don't worry to much about the coloured filters as you can probably produce similar effects within you photo editing program.

Look at the Grads ND's and Polarisers.

As a suggestion, I would purchase one type of filter, learn to use it, then try another. that way you understand what each type does.

Plus you can always post a question here as well.

hope this helps

thanks for all the advice I think i'll get one when I order my nifty fifty aswell

Back