What fuji lens should I buy for GFX50R ?

Name
papajay
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking at trading in my XT2 for the GFX50R and am wondering about the lens lineup as I dig deeper into the Fuji system. I definitely want the GF63 mm, may be it is a pretty good kit lens.Thanks in advance for your help.

This should really be in the Talk Equipment section!!

My thoughts, I've had a GFX50S on loan for a week and handled a GFX50R. The 50R is harder to hold in the hand, it is quite a 'slab' of a camera, and IMO prefers lighter lenses, it feels quite unbalanced with the heavier lenses. the 50S feels much more at home with the heavier lenses. There are currently though attractive bundle deals on the R+63mm, R+45mm and R+32-64mm

I don't know what you intend to shoot, but please be aware of the following:-

AutoFocus is not fast, think somewhere between X-E1 and X-T1 speed, and is only contrast detect.

Writing the filing to the cards is also slow, it demands fast cards (as the files are huge, this also impacts noticably on post processing)

To get good sharpness throughout the image, you are often using F16, which means in low light (or even overcast or windy conditions) you are having to start to bump up the ISO when handheld to maintain DOF and a decent shutter speed, this will obviously be less important if you mainly shoot wide open. There is quite a bit of noise in the files from ISO800 upwards, more than perhaps you would expect (but is it w=quite an old sensor), but can easily be dealt with in post production.

But when it all comes together the image quality is fantastic and the dynamic range insane!

Feedback on the 63mm is that its not as snappy in AF as some of the other glass, but the IQ is very good - like all the Fuji GF lenses.

I was originally thinking of buying a 50R+45mm (I love the 35mm FF FOV), but now if I invest it will be with the 50S+Tiltable EVF and probably the 32-64mm to start.

Hope this helps

Back