What goes up

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
inevitably has to come down again, couple of shots from last weeks start of season funday, the trials bikes were out in force :) Haven't touched the saturation, just the sort of light it was.

straightup2.jpg

steep1.jpg

I'd love a go on one of those bikes.....although it frightens me how good the pro's are on those things

DJW said:
although it frightens me how good the pro's are on those things
agreed, some of them can make those bikes do things you wouldn't believe

this guy wheelied right the way up the hill. He did it once and stopped to ask if I got the shot but his mate got in the way, so he went and did it again :D

wheely2.jpg

dod said:
agreed, some of them can make those bikes do things you wouldn't believe
this guy wheelied right the way up the hill. He did it once and stopped to ask if I got the shot but his mate got in the way, so he went and did it again

B. show-off ! But seriously they live and breathe them and are so skilled at what they do it is awesome to watch !

And you have captured some of the action really well Dod ! You shoot 'em they do 'em right ? Did you partake at one point - or is your pic skill from plenty of practice track-side ?

I've taken pictures at a couple of MX events and every time someone stopped and asked if i got the shot. A quick review on the lcd and a coment about trying it one footed next time raises a smile :D

The MX shots are also the only ones i've ever sold across the net.

A great bunch who love their sport.

Nice shots dod, I used to do the trials events in a big way in my youth, So much so I got works support (factory bikes)..:)

Special events like The Scottish Six Day trial starting at Fort William should give you some great chances of seeing the best in the world this coming year dod..;)

Link here mate..:thumb:

busterboy said:
Nice shots dod, I used to do the trials events in a big way in my youth, So much so I got works support (factory bikes)..:)

Special events like The Scottish Six Day trial starting at Fort William should give you some great chances of seeing the best in the world this coming year dod..;)

Thanks BB, didn’t know about that, into the diary it goes :)

Joe T said:
dod, what lens do you use for those shots?

The 100-400mm, not sure I’m going to keep it though, about the longest I’ve actually used is 300mm for this stuff, I have a gut feeling I’m going to replace it with a 70-200 F2.8 and a 1.4X Tcon. The 120-300 you have would be an option but 120 is just a bit too long for a lot of shots.

Venomator: never tried it myself, these old bones wouldn’t stand up to the beating these guys take ;)

A wee-bit over-exposed there. You see it most on the white helmet on one of the riders and the dirt, which looks a bit pale to me.

Arkady said:
A wee-bit over-exposed there. You see it most on the white helmet on one of the riders and the dirt, which looks a bit pale to me.

Just a touch :( I usually use centre weighted for this stuff, you often tend to have big lumps of sky and the riders end up badly underexposed of you use matrix. It's got it's drawbacks though.

I've found that almost without exception, Matrix metering works best.
Take an incident reading from the ground and work it from there. Just like the good old days.

Back