What have you got 'pencilled in'?

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So, assuming we exit lockdown as planned, what will be the first trip you take outside of your immediate location specifically with the intention of taking photos? Im absolutely itching to get back into London for the day. I want to start as early as I can get there, and not come home until after dark. What have you got planned?

Where do I start? London, Warsaw, Berlin, various local places......

I am sure when you return, you will still need 2 weeks hotel quarantine if you get an a plane? Unless they implement a vaccine passport. Otherwise going to other countries with less vaccination then coming back and no quarantine will means we are looking for another lockdown down the line.

I am sure when you return, you will still need 2 weeks hotel quarantine if you get an a plane? Unless they implement a vaccine passport. Otherwise going to other countries with less vaccination then coming back and no quarantine will means we are looking for another lockdown down the line.

A number of countries are setting out their policies of entry. It is basically going to be on the lines of a vaccine passport. No vaccine then a PCR test.

ARMY 2021 expo at Kubinka towards the end of August.

GC

Doubt it, there is a reason for the vaccine. People are already flying from many countries with no quarantine. Once the majority of our population are vaccinated there won’t be an issue.

Once travel is allowed to Northern Ireland, I'll be going over for work for a few days or a week, during which time I shall take myself to the Mourne's for a walk and photography.

Down to the coast, although I live fairly close, I haven’t actually seen the sea for months and I have really missed it!!

Can‘t wait to get back to Snowdonia for a day walking the mountains and taking piccies. Been ages since I’ve seen the sea as well. Talacre Beach is another favourite that I’ve missed.

......... Berlin,......

On our list for the Xmas markets this year. Been a few times and well overdue a revisit. Not sure if it’ll happen with it being winter and the time for flu and all the other nasties. I’m sure winter will have some kind of restrictions in place.

Into London for me; October is going to be busy as everything I had already booked is being rescheduled for then. And in November, hopefully New York. Luebeck in December

Once the majority of our population are vaccinated there won’t be an issue.
I'm not so sure of that. The Covid virus has shown a propensity to mutate into more virulent strains. The vaccines we already have will mitigate current infections but we could be facing a similar situation to Influenza: constantly having to develop new vaccines to deal with the mutations.

Being able to go out into the wonderful countryside here on the Island again, the beaches, the downs, the forests and of course tracking down the elusive Sea Eagles.
Highlight will hopefully be British Wildlife Centre, a week away in a remote cottage. Planning a normal day visit to check out and then a photographers day.

Doubt it, there is a reason for the vaccine. People are already flying from many countries with no quarantine. Once the majority of our population are vaccinated there won’t be an issue.

The snag here is most of other countries are much further behind. Do you want someone from Brazil fly over without quarantine?

To protect ourselves, we need to quarantine people unless the destination/origin country is on the same or better level or vaccination. Else why are we bothering with it all?

Can‘t wait to get back to Snowdonia for a day walking the mountains and taking piccies. Been ages since I’ve seen the sea as well. Talacre Beach is another favourite that I’ve missed.

On our list for the Xmas markets this year. Been a few times and well overdue a revisit. Not sure if it’ll happen with it being winter and the time for flu and all the other nasties. I’m sure winter will have some kind of restrictions in place.

I will look nearer the time at German Christmas markets, wouldn't be much fun wearing a mask with a one way system.
They are all about the Gluhwein and general mingling around the food stalls, if all ok might give it a go.
Aachen is a great one and easy to get to by rail via Brussels Eurostar, shall just have to see how things pan out.

The snag here is most of other countries are much further behind. Do you want someone from Brazil fly over without quarantine?

To protect ourselves, we need to quarantine people unless the destination/origin country is on the same or better level or vaccination. Else why are we bothering with it all?
Think you”be misinterpreted what I said. We are quarantining arrivals from Brazil and yes it should continue, same for any other countries like that. Why are we bothering? To get back to a normal life. If we’ve all had the vaccine (or as many that can have it) then we shouldn’t have an issue

I'm not so sure of that. The Covid virus has shown a propensity to mutate into more virulent strains. The vaccines we already have will mitigate current infections but we could be facing a similar situation to Influenza: constantly having to develop new vaccines to deal with the mutations.
Of course it will mutate, just like any virus. I agree, we will face a similiar situation to influenza and possibly have to revaccinante the vulnerable, just like we do for influenza. In other words we will have to live with it just like we do with influenza,but just like influenza it shouldn’t stop us living a normal life and travelling abroad.

I will look nearer the time at German Christmas markets, wouldn't be much fun wearing a mask with a one way system.
They are all about the Gluhwein and general mingling around the food stalls, if all ok might give it a go.
Aachen is a great one and easy to get to by rail via Brussels Eurostar, shall just have to see how things pan out.
We had a river cruise booked in Germany for a tour of a few Christmas markets. Obviously postponed last year but hoping it will go ahead this year- just hope the Germans get their act together with the vaccine as I agree it won’t be much fun with masks and one way systems!

We had a river cruise booked in Germany for a tour of a few Christmas markets. Obviously postponed last year but hoping it will go ahead this year- just hope the Germans get their act together with the vaccine as I agree it won’t be much fun with masks and one way systems!

Might try Basel if the Germans are a bit hesitant or maybe Strasbourg, would prefer somewhere like Nuremburg or Braunschweig if possible.

Think you”be misinterpreted what I said. We are quarantining arrivals from Brazil and yes it should continue, same for any other countries like that. Why are we bothering? To get back to a normal life. If we’ve all had the vaccine (or as many that can have it) then we shouldn’t have an issue

Personally unless a vaccine passport is implemented, I am not sure how one is sure you are “clean” as can be, not a the destination and on return.

but just like influenza it shouldn’t stop us living a normal life and travelling abroad.
That will depend on how quickly upgraded vaccines can be developed and how harmful new mutations prove to be. Of course, if the mythical super vaccine ever is developed, we'll all be immune to everything! :naughty:

Probably DZP. Maybe Escot/Wildwood or Paignton Zoo. Depends on whether there are likely to be hordes of kids at any of the above!

We are quarantining arrivals from Brazil and yes it should continue, same for any other countries like that.
In other words we will have to live with it just like we do with influenza,but just like influenza it shouldn’t stop us living a normal life and travelling abroad.
Quarantining arrivals just from countries where potentially vaccine-resistant variants were first discovered won't be terribly effective if we travel abroad ourselves and fail to quarantine people from other countries. Most of the original coronavirus introductions into the UK didn't come directly from China, they came from continental Europe.

Quarantining arrivals just from countries where potentially vaccine-resistant variants were first discovered won't be terribly effective if we travel abroad ourselves and fail to quarantine people from other countries. Most of the original coronavirus introductions into the UK didn't come directly from China, they came from continental Europe.
In which case we live with it on the basis that we trust the vaccine and the scientists develop them to counteract any variants as and when they happen, similar to what we do for influenza each year.

Back