What Noise Removal Software?

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking at getting some noise reduction software, been looking at NoiseNinja or Dfine from Niksoftware.

Has anybody had dealings with both and what are your thoughts or other recomendations?

I use Noise Ninja and it works very well. Neat image is supposed to be very good as well but I've not heard of Dfine myself.

I use Dfine and find it very good. I've also used Noise Ninja briefly in the past. Best thing to do is to download the free trials for each and see which you prefer.

noiseninja plug in for photoshop here, I like the way you can download profiles for your camera and use them as a starting point if necessary. Not sure they always give the best results though.

another vote for noise ninja here :plus1:

Other than the supplied tutorials are there any decent 3rd party ones people recommend for noise ninja? Im playing with it but not really finding a decent way of choosing the settings (other than completely randomly).
Also, is there any point sharpening after running NN or am I just going to be putting back more grain around the NN blurred features?

Cheerz everybody for all the comments and ideas.

Other than the supplied tutorials are there any decent 3rd party ones people recommend for noise ninja? Im playing with it but not really finding a decent way of choosing the settings (other than completely randomly).
Also, is there any point sharpening after running NN or am I just going to be putting back more grain around the NN blurred features?

I got a tip from Hacker, after running NN do a high pass sharpen (there's a thread here somewhere, probably in tutorials) , it doesn't seem to adversely increase noise.

Back