What radio do you listen to?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I know we have had "what music" and "what band" threads but as I have moved my Roku into my office I have been listening to some good (and not so good) internet radio stations.

For the past two weeks I have had 1.FM Chillout Lounge playing (http://www.1.fm/) and enjoying some laid back beats to work to.
I have even bought a CD as a result of some great tunes that I had not previously encountered.

What do you listen to? Or what other internet stations do you recommend?

At home I prefer to sit and read/work in silence, I find radio or tv distracts and annoys me after a while. On the move which I am most often when working, I listen to Radio Scotland in the mornings and Radio 2 in the afternoons with a smattering of Classic FM here and there. I tend to prefer talky programs rather than music but can't abide Jeremy Vine (or that ilk) so no radio 2 around midday.
I've never really investigated internet radio stations, I suppose I should give it a go.

unfortunately radio1 tends to be on at work, cant stand the annoying presenters during the day- retard moyles, which band can i blow smoke up today whiley, boring bowman, and scot mills and his retard army. they annoy me alot, the music they play annoys me further though, most of it is crap that the record labels pay to get airtime.

id prefer to listen to radio2 but i agree that the talkshow around lunchtime is drivel.

CFM is ok i suppose, but the presenters and adverts are atrocious, atleast the music is a bit varied though!

if only planet rock was on analog radio....

I prefer to listen to local radio, Radio Newcastle.

I can't stand Radio 1 normally. Too much rap, hip hop, and crap that pretends to be 'music' from a section of the industry I absolutely loathe (for many reasons).

I do dabble in Radio 2 occasionally, but only tend to listen to the radio when Im in bed, or driving.

When Im in the car I listen to our local Century FM, or Smooth FM, occasionally flipping to Key 103, or Tower FM.

Mostly Century though :)

i liston to club977 on the tinbternet on the 80's channel

At home, it's either Planet Rock, Kerrang, or The Arrow

In the car, it's either Virgin or 2-10FM, but usually a CD as I can't stand the 'music' on those channels most of the time.

Arrive at work at 7.30am....switch on Planet Rock and set volume control to "make ears bleed"(y)

:thinking:That may explain why people have to shout at me most of the time :LOL:

Only thing I listen to is Moyles on listen again during the day whilst working.

Kerrang(y)

when xfm got bought by capital i stopped listening to music radio apart from john peel.
when he died i gave up listening to music radio altogether.

i used to listen to LBC when Iain Lee was on there, as it became quite a good community and was fun to listen to the londoners that called in. But he got the sack.

so, now i just listen to radio 4. even when its something boring (which it normally is) i prefer having people talking on the radio about something rather than crap music with inane talk inbetween.

BBC R2 but NEVER no NEVER Russell Brand
sick3qx.gif

I did listen to 3C but it has stopped broadcasting, and sometimes BBC R4 in the car, but normally a CD.

They have Century FM on at work :(

Russell Brand? On Radio2? Are they mad? He's a tit!

I must admit in the car I sometimes also flick to Classic FM or Magic 1152 (Golden Oldies station up 'ere in Manc) on AM.

And occasionally I also flick to BBC Cymru :D Strangely love to hear em talking.

Some good chuckles and choices. Thanks guys.

I started the thread with internet radio in mind, half hoping that someone would suggest something that turns into a blinder. Will check Club977 for my bruv who still listens to all 80's music and has CD upon Cd of the stuff.:wacky:

I should have said my terrestrial preferences too. I have Radio 4 on in the car as I like the mix of news and their stories that are not obvious or headliners but just good listening.
The kids turn the radio to Radio 1 which I mostly hate. Moyles does not appeal but then again I am not his target listener so cannot say he does not do his job well. I do get "on board" with Zane Lowe who is the only leading edge broadcaster on that frequency - He's a kind of John Peel American Nephew but I like that.

Used to listen to Radio Scotland a lot which ain't bad and worth a tune but i tired of the weegie callers that thought that everything was "bang out of order!" and the fault of the government. wasters.

Keep em coming guys, a lot of head bangers here - but I already knew that.;)

(y)

Usually Radio Scotland in the mornings and whatever takes my fancy in the afternoons. Could be Radio1 or 2, more usually a CD.

The only radio station I listen to is Radio 4

The Today Program - the place the news is made
The Afternoon Play - Always different and usually great
The 6:30 comedy slot - the birth place of many comedy greats
The Archers - The only soap opera worth keeping up with IMO
Farming Today - Country based news

and yes I was gutted when they axed the Radio 4 Theme I classed it as my own small reward for getting up early.

I love the Radio much prefer it to the boring box..
I like radio 1 but not really for the music! Chris Moyles is good I guess you either love him or hate him.I also like radio 4 for there sheer diverse of programmes, you can end up listening to programmes about something that you have never thought of or come across!

I have a Scottish rock radio channel on at present - quite good... 96.3 rock radio. I could listen to the DJ talk all day long with that lovely accent :love:

I mainly listen to R2 when in the car - until it goes doolally at 7 with jazz or c&w when I'll switch to R5 or put a cd on.

In my home office I usually listen to R2 in the mornings until I can't put off making phone calls any longer. Although I'll usually switch off when that pirrock Vine comes on. How I hate that bloke. Bring back Jimmy Young. Sometimes, later in the day or evening, I listen to a BFBS station - usually Falklands.

I listen to LBC almost all of the time. Rarely do I find a music station that plays music that I like.. prefer the ipod if I want something musical.

Radio 2, except for Jeremy Vine - the man kills the middle of the day. But I usually end up having to listen to Radio "Same 3 songs over and over" 1 during the day in the workshop...

Virgin Radio when I'm online, through t'internet. Can't beat a bit of rock!

Heart FM in the mornings when the missus is in the car and mainly for local traffic news.

When I'm on my own.. Classic FM.

In the car mostly Radio 2 (except Jeremy Vine!) or my ipod with an itrip.

At home on Sky tv mostly Virgin Classic Rock.

Back