What the hell is this world coming to...

Yup just heard that update on the news this morning....

so was it an accident or playing with a UNLOCKED shotgun, hope they prosecute the owner!!!!!!! :shake:

The world is mad (and sad).

so was it an accident or playing with a UNLOCKED shotgun,

Surely 17 yr old should know better ... :cautious:

Either way ... guns ain't for playing with and should be kept securely locked away when not in use ... but we never get the whole story do we ... :shrug:

World is mean and it's not giving the appearance of getting any better either ... very sad ... :thinking:

:p

Surely 17 yr old should know better ... :cautious:

:p

Even trained Servicemen have accidental discharges of firearms. No excuse for it being in the wrong hands though.

Possibly an accident, but the thing is, he's been arrested for attempted murder.

Just been on the news that shes died.

Said that her brother was still being questioned in regards to attempted murder - surely its now murder?

They said he was 16 rather than 17.

Just been on the news that shes died.

Said that her brother was still being questioned in regards to attempted murder - surely its now murder?

They said he was 16 rather than 17.

It depends on the degree, if any, of intent as to what he's eventually charged with.

He's now being questioned for murder.

The thing is, (Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), surely there must be an element/suspicion of intent to even arrest on suspicion of attempted murder.

I thought murder involved pre-meditation?

Therefore he would have had to have sourced the weapon and planned the attack?

Thats if he's charged. At the moment he's been arrested for attempted murder (now murder), so therefore the arresting officer must have had reasonable grounds to suspect murder, rather than a lesser charge of ABH (I think) (at the time), or now manslaughter.

LOL. Cadavar lying on the floor full of lead shot and geezer with smoking gun, is all the suspicion of intent needed. It's standard procedure to assume a worst case scenario from the outset unless there's absolutely no doubt from the circumstances that it's a lesser offence.

You hear cops all the time saying "At the moment we are treating this as a murder enquiry" When the full circumstances are known, or to be more accurate - when it's ascertained what can be proven, it's quite often a lesser offence which is charged.

Ah right, gotcha. I thought there had to be an element of intent. You're right, smokin gun and a bloodied body does give a bit of a game away...lol

Well when cops arrest they arrest 'On reasonable suspicion' of an offence having being committed, so to suspect murder in these circumstances is quite reasonable. In fact to treat it as less than what it is at an early stage could be a serious career decision. :D

This country is getting as bad as The States for shootings and stabbings. Glad I'm leaving it :)

Well when cops arrest they arrest 'On reasonable suspicion' of an offence having being committed, so to suspect murder in these circumstances is quite reasonable. In fact to treat it as less than what it is at an early stage could be a serious career decision. :D

:LOL: I'm getting visions of Gene Hunt, or a similar DI, sprouting such words as "You great bit dozy pillocking arse, did the 45 bullet holes not give you a clue? Maybe you should be back behind a desk making the place look untidy or something"

(Or such harsher words that would send our swear filter into overload :D)

There must be some prettyy damning evidence or surrounding circumstances then. What a thing to have to live with -killing your sister! :(

No doubt his defence are already working out how they can cop a plea on manslaughter.

Back