What to buy........

Edit My Images
No
Hey - Im very new to this site so forgive me please if i have posted in the wrong place :shrug:

I just wondered if anyone would be able to help me or point me in the right direction on a situation.....

My hubby who is also a member on this site will be getting himself a new camera in a weeks time the Canon 50D and as its christmas i thought id come across as the loving wife and perhaps buy him one or two gadgets to go with it - The only problem is i have no idea what to get - he has mentioned things like a battery grip, monopod, a camera bag, handstrap E1????? could anyone please tell me where to get hold of this stuff or know what kind of brands etc or whats the best ones to get - Im sorry for rambling but would really appreciated anyones help or advice on this???

Ask him what he wants. Better to get an idea from him than to get something that's no use to him.

Nice to see you are on the game th0:D:D

Sorry:bonk::exit::exit:

Thanks for the replies - he already has the L Lens on order - I have asked exactly what he wants and i either get a list the length of my arm or something ridiculous that i cant afford that would cost way more than a leather armani handbag - LOL

He has said the main 2 things are the hand strap and the battery grip because apparently you cant have one without the other??? So how about we go with that then - Where do i get these from and how do i know if they are the right ones - also the cheper the better really?

Thanks in advance

OK, well the battery grip is pretty straightforward. The right model for the 50D is the Canon BG-E2N or the (slightly older and slightly cheaper) BG-E2. If you're curious as to what a bettery grip is/does, this should tell you.

You can get these at pretty much any good camera shop. Expect to pay a little over £100. Camera Price Buster will show you who's charging how much. If you see one that's much cheaper (on eBay say), it's almost certainly a non-Canon copy. Opinions vary as to whether non-Canon versions are worth having, but I guess it doesn't necessarily send the right message as a present!

And the E1 Hand Strap is pretty straightforward too. Here it is. It won't attach to a 50D unless you've already got the battery grip though. Again, they're pretty easy to get hold of. Expect to pay £20ish.

Thanks guys for all the help - i hope he likes what he get him - does anyone know the best place aswell to get the a cleaning kit from so he can keep his lenses squeaky clean?

Back