What to do at Asda...

The nearest ASDA to Brentwood is in Romford and NO ASDA branches do film processing around here.

It's a good challenge to pick one building and try to eek out an interesting set of pics. I must try that.

Nice little set here. I like the concept behind them. B & W suits the theme well. NO1 is my fave

What did you do for the hour it took to processes the roll these were shot on though??? :)

Looks like a great combo the XA2 + TMax400, great results. I've just picked up a clean XA2 only a few days ago, shooting with it daily.

By the way, can you leave your 35mm films into ASDA for processing etc...?

Only some Asda stores. Those that do will dev only for £2. A scan is an extra £1 but not very good.

you may have answered the question i was going to ask. ive jsut had my first rol developed from old SLR (canon a1) that i bought rencetly from someone here on tp forum - i just got dev and scan as i wasnt expecting much from my flaky skills, not bad for £3 - i was going to post a photo on a thread to ask if the problem is me, light leak on the camear (or something else with camera), the film or the quality of the processing, or the scanning - things look a bit washed out - when you say its not very good, whats not very good about it?

Last edited:
you may have answered the question i was going to ask. ive jsut had my first rol developed from old SLR (canon a1) that i bought rencetly from someone here on tp forum - i just got dev and scan as i wasnt expecting much from my flaky skills, not bad for £3 - i was going to post a photo on a thread to ask if the problem is me, light leak on the camear (or something else with camera), the film or the quality of the processing, or the scanning - things look a bit washed out - when you say its not very good, whats not very good about it?

Yes, the resolution from ASDA scans is low (1200 ppi) which does limit what you can do with them (6*4 prints from 35mm, equivalent), although it's perhaps worth the £1 to know which ones are worth scanning better, from a composition point of view. Mostly the ASDA scans are over-sharpened and tend to look a bit brittle, but it depends on the image how bad this is.

If it's a light leak, you should see it on the negatives, usually a darker are in the same place in many pics (not all, as sometimes the leak doesn't show up when you take several shots in quick succession, or if you put the camera into a dark bag between shots.

"Washed out" might mean low contrast, perhaps it's the lens, lack of hood, poor light... or maybe the contrast just needs a bit of a boost? Scanning (in general rather than just ASDA) can often leave a slightly flat initial image that needs a bit of work in PP...

Last edited:
Any one else use asda there one not too far from mine only develop colour and not sure on prices
Not many seem to do it any more do they

I think a few on here use Asda on occasion.

They do only do C41.

Dev. only is £2

Dev. and low res. scan is £3

Any one else use asda there one not too far from mine only develop colour and not sure on prices
Not many seem to do it any more do they
I use the one at Pilsworth, no problems as far as I am concerned.
4 x 24 and 1 x 36, processed and scanned onto disk for £11! You get 2 sets on the disk, 1 high res plus 1 low res.
The low res are unusable, but the high res are ok.
Here's one from the borrowed Yashi Electro 35 from @Oy, He's got my Olly 35RC.
Just minor PP done to lift contrast etc.

PRINCESS MARGARET ROSE & Scafel Pike Black & White. With Yashica Electro 35 by Barry Smith, on Flickr

Hope you don't mind the image Simon?

Last edited:
Back