What to get for my birthday

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,

I'm soon to be another year older and my mrs wants ideas of what to get me. Pretty much everything I want is out of her budget or she refuses to buy it because "I'll never use it", "it's a waste of money", "your too old for toys" etc etc etc. So I'm thinking of photography related things around about £100 and so far I can only think of two.

Pantone Huey monitor calibrator thingy or Wacom Graphire4 A5.

Which do you think will be of more benefit to me? or can you think of something else that I might not have thought of. No lenses though.

Kev

I've had a large graphics tablet for years, but I seldom use it, I find anything I can do with a pen I can do with a mouse, and mask drawing is far more accurate with a mouse which is a more stable platform, but I've had a lot of practice. My advice would be to spend the money on something else and persevere with the mouse.

The only proviso is if you're a graphics/ freehand artist type you may benefit from a tablet.

I've got a tablet too which hardly get's used, like CT I find the mouse easier.

Thanks for the response everyone. Perhaps if I tell you what I've got that would be more useful.

Dynax 5D, skylight/uv filters to protect all lenses, circ polarizer for 2 out of 3 lenses (perhap I need one for the 3rd), lowe pro bag that I'm happy with, tripod+monopod (cheap ones but they don't warrant replacing), enough memory cards for now and a bottle of gas for cleaning.

I've thought about maybe some ND filters but TBH I really really suck at landscapes so they'd probably just gather dust. A teleconverter would be good but an AF one would be way out of budget I think and my poor eyesite means I can't confidently use MF.

Perhaps I'll give the tablet idea a miss for now, my mouse is no good for precise work but I think the calibrator might be more useful for the time being unless a better idea comes along.

Buy a decent mouse for about £30 - £40 and the calibrator

Back