What to upgrade to ?? help please

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi all i am looking for some honest replies here please,i am looking to upgrade from my fuji9500zoom,i have narrowed it down to 3 the sony 350/canon 450d/nikon d60, i will be taking pics of the children/motorsport/carshows/and would like to do some macro or try to. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.....
Mark

My choice would be Canon 450D with 18-55 IS lens, plus the 55-250 IS for motorsport. Very good performance and great value, but to be fair there are no bad cameras out there and the Sony and Nikon have equal strengths. Largely down to the one your like the look and feel of most.

Check prices here: http://www.camerapricebuster.com/

go to a shop & handle them all to see which suits you best.

if you think that you will use LiveView a lot then Sony's is the best for moving subjects e.g. children.

Bear in mind that Sony's replacement for the A350 should now be in the shops (but will be dearer for a few months until street prices fall) & Nikon have announced the D60's replacement.

Ok thx for your advice going shopping today (soon):D to have a look and see how these cameras feel in use rather than buying online with out trying,and hopefully returning with my new purchase :):):)

I'd agree the ergonomics is an important factor as the picture quality will be similar, or at least it could be depending on how you set the cameras up. Ergonomics is an issue as different cameras have similiar body shapes buty how you control things, what buttons you have to quickly access settings, which way you turn a zoom or focus are all different. In reality you won't appreciate some of these things until you start using them in ernest and the same goes for in camera menus.

Another issue may be build quality. In general the Nikons often look better built than the Canons. There are other Nikon models you may prefer, like the 5000 which is a lesser version than the D90.

Back