What went wrong here then????

Edit My Images
Yes
Stourhead006.jpg

It looks like a light leak of some description but I cant work out how????

Dark slide was put back in properly, all the other frames are ok so it wasn't a probem when I loaded the tank or unloaded the slides.

Film was loaded in slide properly (I think)

Any ideas anybody?

Haven't shot another frame in the holder since, so that's the next step. See if it's borked.

Weird.

Could have been exposed to light during processing. Who processed it for you?

I reckon its the holder, can you work out if thats the end the darkslide is inserted in?

Sometime the felt degrades and you get these kind of leaks. I had one of mine do a similar thing but less severe, its a complete PITA. Guess it's just lucky it wasnt a sheet of Velvia you sent away.

Could be some wierd thing of course, so many ways to balls it up :D but my money is one the darkslide

I have had this on 35mm film. It can be from when your developing the film, but as this is slide film, tis best to check the holder!

Could have been exposed to light during processing. Who processed it for you?

ME!!!!

All the others I did in the same tank worked fine so I've kinda ruled that out.

I reckon its the holder, can you work out if thats the end the darkslide is inserted in?

Sometime the felt degrades and you get these kind of leaks. I had one of mine do a similar thing but less severe, its a complete PITA. Guess it's just lucky it wasnt a sheet of Velvia you sent away.

Could be some wierd thing of course, so many ways to balls it up :D but my money is one the darkslide

It was the notch end. I alway load this end in the the little flappy bit (technical term) at the end of the dds for various reasons. I wonder if I didn't have it pushed down properly or if it popped up a bit during exposure so when I pushed the dark slide back it didn't quite engage properly.

You may be onto something there!

I have had this on 35mm film. It can be from when your developing the film, but as this is slide film, tis best to check the holder!

Yeah, definitely a holder problem I think!

All the others I did in the same tank worked fine so I've kinda ruled that out.

Well, that only leaves the DDS then really. It's clearly a light leak problem, so either the DDS is faulty or you did something wrong at some point, which is very easy with LF photography! You should be able to check out the DDS using shining a bright torch into it and checking for light seepage at the edges.

By the way, it's nice to see someone else still using 5x4 (I assume it's 5x4 and not larger?). It's easy to get the impression that there are none of us left...!

actually, at one point when I used my dads old hassy, before i sent it off for a CLA, whenever I removed the darkslide out of the film back (with film in and the back on the camera) the film that was in frame would get this. the light seal was rather old and sticky, and it took a moment or two for it to properly seal. after that though, all the frames were fine unless i put the slide in and out again.

Back