What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Tickets back to New York. 4 days wasn't enough.

And a new PC. Saving 9 shot pano's is taking an age.....And then it tells me about the 4Gb limit on tiffs. Maybe I should merge the layers first....lol

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Using Crucial DDR3 Memory, Mac 1TB SSD Internal drive, with Various Samsung SSD USB 3 drives, Plus Various Lacie PORSHE Design USB 3 External Drives.

ive not seen the 1TB ssd drives, how much?

I could go for the 512 internal sed then use the samsung ext ssd drives?
which is most cost effective?

Last edited:
ive not seen the 1TB ssd drives, how much?

I could go for the 512 internal sed then use the samsung ext ssd drives?
which is most cost effective?

Mac was my own Configuration Special order.

Come to rely on more is the preferred option if you can afford it.

This is the Newer version of the SAMSUNG only difference is more Robust when dropped from a height.

visual_t3_1310_01.jpg

Samsung External SSD USB 3 drives are expensive, but Highly portable and nothing around to touch them for size (my opinion).

Last edited:
Picked up my New 400mm DO Mk2 Lens today, perfecto.

Very tasty!
The Mk1's were very variable - tried a couple that were super sharp but another that was poor. The Mk2s are like the best of the MK1s but with better bokeh = very good!

Happy new toy - get it out in some decent light and you will be very happy!

Jealous :grumpy:

I like the sound of the improved AF and focus points in the 5D4 vs my 5D3 which is no slouch.

No idea what the 5D3 is worth as part ex or private sale to fund such an upgrade???? Even if I could justify the money for the price difference ? :(

A good used 1DX will be quite a bit cheaper than a 5D4. The 5D4 is a great camera but, for me, the 1DX is just better!

We are all different but if speed, AF and frame rate are your bag then, much as I like the 5D4 the 1DX is a better option. Also if a used 1DX has 200K clicks on it then it is newer than a brand new 5D4 and you can bang in nails with the 1DX!;)

A 1D4 for me ,would have liked a 1DX but still out of my budget range

A 1D4 for me ,would have liked a 1DX but still out of my budget range

....You are constantly changing the gear you use, Jeff - I can't keep track.

Canon 500mm F/4L II is on my horizon in the next few weeks. I hired one over christmas and fell in love.

When is the 1.4 a better option than the 1.8? Surely there can't be THAT many opportunities where it can be useful to have that "bit" extra.

When you want to lower the ISO a bit, I shoot wide open 95% of the time so the 1.4 will make quite a bit of difference. There's also something about the look of the pictures from that lens that I like.

When is the 1.4 a better option than the 1.8? Surely there can't be THAT many opportunities where it can be useful to have that "bit" extra.
I know Tim has answered, but I thought I'd add, all lenses are optically 'different', in the same way that 'light' isn't about exposure, lens design isn't just about focal length and max aperture.

My 70-200 is a great lens, but even shot at 2.8 the 135 looks different, it has a 'quality' the zoom can't match.

A 20mm F1.8 & TC14e iii arrived this week, so my switch to Nikon is officially completed.....honest....

....You are constantly changing the gear you use, Jeff - I can't keep track.

Canon 500mm F/4L II is on my horizon in the next few weeks. I hired one over christmas and fell in love.
sometimes you take a step forward and then come to realise that what you had before was better . time will tell

I just spent the last 2 hours watching videos on Zeiss Milvus and Otus reviews...oh god.

Good thing they are manual focus and thus I can't really use them for my work.

I could do with a 70-200 thought to really complete the system.

Last edited:
Not really lusting after one but I keep getting an MF itch, especially a TLR one. Might have to head down to Mifsuds to see what they have in stock at some point...

Not really lusting after one but I keep getting an MF itch, especially a TLR one. Might have to head down to Mifsuds to see what they have in stock at some point...

....I visited Mifsuds for the first time earlier this year - They are an extremely helpful and well stocked shop.

[I must be careful not to call them 'Milfsuds' though!]

I know Tim has answered, but I thought I'd add, all lenses are optically 'different', in the same way that 'light' isn't about exposure, lens design isn't just about focal length and max aperture.

My 70-200 is a great lens, but even shot at 2.8 the 135 looks different, it has a 'quality' the zoom can't match.
Phil said it (as usual!).

Last edited:
D750, 14-24mm lens + 24-70mm lens.

Those plus various filters would leave me very happy and satisfied for quite a while

Back