What would you buy with £125

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Cool, got my Canon cashback cheques today :)

So now I turn my eye to the shops... :woot:

Any suggestions? :thinking:

I shoot anything as I'm learning, and have a 400D, 10-20, 24-70, 100 Macro, 70-300, 580EX flash, 2 nice bags, a cheap old jessops tripod that isn't tall enough and a bitch to accurately adjust the tilt, several UV filters, microfibre cloths, erm... 14Gb storage and 3 batteries. I also have the understanding exposure book that i'm saving for the winter nights :)

I was thinking of ND grads and filter holder? Decent tripod (might need more cash adding) or monopod?

Any other suggestions? Or comments?

Filters could be good, as would the idea of a decent tripod, if you use the things.

Or you could use the cash to take the lot you've got off somewhere nice for the weekend. :)

Tripod.

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm have a load of ex-demo stock at good prices.

(And, in case anyone's wondering, I'm almost as far from Ffordes as it's possible to be and am recommending them for their good prices!)

My suggestion would be - circular polariser, reflector(s), off-camera flash cable - these will give you greater scope with the pictures that you take. This might leave you enough money to start saving for a tripod that you do like.

You could get a lot of chocolate with that !

Just went to Cadbury World last week! You can expect pics soonish :)

If you've never been, it is fantastic, really loved it... and you get free (tickets are extortionate mind) choccy on the tour :mad:)

I think the detail in your question answers it - tripod!!!

You can get a redsnapper and head for less than that, leaving some left over for filters...

I think the detail in your question answers it - tripod!!

Thanks, I think so too, but am just looking for an 'ok' I guess, to reassure me that it's the best way to spend the money.

I was thinking Manfrotto though. I thought they were the most recommended brand?

Cool, got my Canon cashback cheques today :)

So now I turn my eye to the shops... :woot:

Any suggestions? :thinking:

I shoot anything as I'm learning, and have a 400D, 10-20, 24-70, 100 Macro, 70-300, 580EX flash, 2 nice bags, a cheap old jessops tripod that isn't tall enough and a bitch to accurately adjust the tilt, several UV filters, microfibre cloths, erm... 14Gb storage and 3 batteries. I also have the understanding exposure book that i'm saving for the winter nights :)

I was thinking of ND grads and filter holder? Decent tripod (might need more cash adding) or monopod?

Any other suggestions? Or comments?

Studio frame and background :D

Gary.

:agree: tripod. I've been reading good things about the redsnapper pods on here. And they come in under £100 (I think :thinking:), might be worth a look.

Studio frame and background :D

Wooosh! And in comes Gary with a curveball!

I think space would be a problem here. A small and dimly lit old miners cottage doesn't really lend itself to home studio for anything larger than my eBay light tent :)

I think the detail in your question answers it - tripod!!!

You can get a redsnapper and head for less than that, leaving some left over for filters...

:plus1: Yep, just taken delivery of my 'snapper and ball and can tell you the quality is fab. It's replacing a 25 quid Hama thing that really wasn't up to the job of securely holding my 350d and Sigma lens.

S

2 litres of petrol so you can go out and shoot something not visible from your back garden?

Though to be fair,the price of fuel has dropped now... you might get 3 litres!

I'd use £50 to pay the parking fine I have just received.
Bloody camera on the Muswell Hill broadway caught me when I parked in a pay and display bay for 5 minutes @ 7:45am where there is no parking charge in effect.
However, my other half informed me there is a parking restriction until 9am when the charges apply.
And the annoying this is.....
I had popped into the local post office collection depot to pick up the free lowpro bag I received for subscribing to photplus magazine.
And even more annoying....
I've just sold the bag on Ebay for 50 quid!

Sometimes you just can't win.

Back