What would you like to see in 2008

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
With my first rally event in nearly 2 weeks I would like to know if there is anything I can do to make you people enjoy my images more.

I am bored of the same shots I seam to get so want suggestions of anything exciting or weird that I could try or you would like me to have a go at.

I am aiming for atleast one or two of my pictures from each event this year to leave people thinking wow thats cool or different or exciting etc instead of it looks like the others or something he took before.

- stand on your head?
- Sit on top of a tree?
- Grab a door mirror as the car goes past, and get a photo of either the driver or co-driver concentrating, or shouting down the radio theres a lunatic on the side of our car.
- Stand in the middle of the road, and then dive out the way a the last possible moment
- Stand in the middle of the road, and then flip a trap door underneath you before you get squashed, and as you go down, the car goes over, take a photo of the car going over the top of you
- Chase after the car in an apache helicopter gunship, and, as you blow the car to pieces, you can capture the moment the car explodes.

I'm out of other suggestions though..especially sensible ones..

:)

- stand on your head?
- Sit on top of a tree?
- Grab a door mirror as the car goes past, and get a photo of either the driver or co-driver concentrating, or shouting down the radio theres a lunatic on the side of our car.
- Stand in the middle of the road, and then dive out the way a the last possible moment
- Stand in the middle of the road, and then flip a trap door underneath you before you get squashed, and as you go down, the car goes over, take a photo of the car going over the top of you
- Chase after the car in an apache helicopter gunship, and, as you blow the car to pieces, you can capture the moment the car explodes.

I'm out of other suggestions though..especially sensible ones..

Might take me a few events to complete that list but I will have a go:LOL::thinking:

That was a brave post Ross and I expected to see a few harsher suggestions than you got but, it is early days yet ;)

I'll third the tree idea :LOL:

you going with some of my ideas? :eek::eek::eek:

God help us all :bang:

Might go with the driver co-driver idea as it could be worth a shot and something different.

any more for any more?:LOL:

Might be February before I can try anything as meant to be working for AML Photography again so might have to go for getting a decent shot of every competitior.

How about a shot from cats eye level.

Answers like this we are going to get this poor bloke killed!!

How about a shot from cats eye level.

Answers like this we are going to get this poor bloke killed!!

Can give that one ago, might work quite nicely actually.

Don't worry about me getting killied, I am quite sensiable when it comes to picking a spot to stand as I am worth more than my photos are to be honest :LOL:

How about some shots from the pits/garages ? Candids of the drivers and /or mechanics ?

panning is always good :) or go group b photographer mad hatter 80s stylee and get close untill the last moment :LOL:

Lots of AIR between the road and the car is always a winner for me :naughty: - I have not yet managed to find anywhere myself though.

I'd like to see Haynes Manual type shots of the Garage team replacing the items of broken rally cars with freshly sharpened pencils pointing out worn components and damaged items.... Garage crew in white overalls please.

Also can you give a spanner rating as to how difficult the shot was to take...

Many thanks.:bonk:

Right thank you all for your ideas so far and keep them coming.

So far:
  • driver or co-driver concentrating
  • Shots from up a tree, a more aerial view
  • Cats eye, level with the stage shots
  • Service area pictures, driver and co-driver
  • Panning (think I have achieved this but still good to do)
  • Group B style pictures, thinking of getting a film slr for a better effect of the good old days
  • Jump and big air pictures
  • HDR:thinking:

Any more let me know and I will add them to the list.

Back