What's happened to the Nikon 300mm f4 D AF-S IF ED Lens?

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Everywhere is pretty much out of stock bar a trickle of stores.

Does anyone know if the lens is being upgraded, superceded, discontinued or horded at Nikon like Scrooge McDuck hordes/swims in his money in the Duck Tales cartoons?

It's a damn good lens:) and works well with a 1.4TC for a bit more reach.

Mine is available, straight swap for a D3...............:D

From what I've been told the dealers will be getting stock in come October. I think Kerso has them now......

I would say it's typical on Nikon supply issues.
Absolutely. Try getting hold of a Nikon 300/2.8 and you'll come to think the ground is covered with 300/4s by comparison.

Absolutely. Try getting hold of a Nikon 300/2.8 and you'll come to think the ground is covered with 300/4s by comparison.

:LOL: I thought there was more 2.8s! If I havent found a cheap second hand f4 by January mate I'll be getting in touch. (y)
A very nice mate of mine has kindly loaned me a old 80 - 200mm which is quite lovely really but doesn't quite seperate the colmans on an FX body.
I need a smidge more range.

Fabulous! I wonder how much Kerso would do one for? Hmmm:thinking:

That avatar is hilarious! A bit random but it totally reminds me of an oldie called Bullshot:LOL:

You'd need to ask him - I got a quote, but it was for cash and carry from Fife...

The avatar is from a film, the 1981 NZ classic....

Goodbye Pork Pie

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vP29ff2i0f4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vP29ff2i0f4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The 300 f4 is a fantastic lens but I've heard that Nikon do have an upgrade in the pipeline so they may be very hard to get. I've used this lens with a Nikons 1.4tc and there's no loss in quality from what I've seen. Having the 300 f2.8 VR I can honestly say that the image quality is very very similar between the two lenses.

Here's a shot using the 300mm f4 and 1.4tc...

GR4ZG752-1.jpg

Mark

Why the hell has this appeared 3 hours later, D3 or nuffink...............;)

Yes well odd it is. If he's replying to another post maybe an idea to use the quote option, so the rest of us know who he's refering to.

JHC, i replied to a post earlier, Mozilla locked up and I shut the pc down, I return some while later and the post I put up has appeared. As it is 3 hours later, it bears no relevance and the funny side of it has gone.

Lighten up for chrissakes.

JHC, i replied to a post earlier, Mozilla locked up and I shut the pc down, I return some while later and the post I put up has appeared. As it is 3 hours later, it bears no relevance and the funny side of it has gone.

Oh I should of known your internet was down, silly me. And I need to lighten up :LOL: thats a good one.

Mark

Oh I should of known your internet was down, silly me. And I need to lighten up :LOL: thats a good one.

Mark

No Mark, you don`t need to lighten up at all, preferably shutting up would suffice.............(y)

that's the way it looks to me.....the post fitted into the thread, but from hours ago.

Unless, of course, you're cracking up :naughty: :exit:

Back