WHATS THE LIKELY HOOD for JESSOPS to....................???

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

My Birthday is coming up (26th) and I am looking to ask for a sigma 10-20mm lens.

Now camerapricebuster.co.uk show jessops online being cheapest at £274.95 throug buying online.

If i went into the shop (they have it displayed at £304.95)

would they match the £274.95 and include a free UV filter (£30) for free or is it more liklely for the sun to explode in the next minute.

Thanks

Mark

With One stop, my only concern is that i have hear that the lens can be quite soft if you get a dodgy example, so if it is soft it is alot harder work to get it back.

With One stop, my only concern is that i have hear that the lens can be quite soft if you get a dodgy example, so if it is soft it is alot harder work to get it back.

far as I know you can send it to sigma under the international warrentee? :thinking: not 100% on that though

Jessops price matched mine, but that was a while back when the cheapest price was £289 (excluding imports)

Not sure if they're offering price match at the moment though, I'd ring them :)

EDIT @ Ab$olut - You can, but only if you've paid the import taxes on it... Onestop tend to send them as "repaired lenses" so you don't have to pay them, and they don't have to pay you them :)

It completely depends on the day and the staff who are working.
Some will, some won't, its at the manager's discretion.
And if they did match it, its unlikely they'd throw in a free UV filter. But they'd do one on the cheap for you.

Thanks Foodpoison

the problem is jessops filters are £££ ( for not that good a one)

if you order online for store pickup and enter the code LENS10 at the checkout you get 10% off the price.

Why not just buy it online and opt for collection in store:shrug:

I could just wondering if i got them to price match would i get a free UV filter!

Where dose it say that you can get a free filter?

As I said. It depends on the day.
New manager in our branch, and the other day, he took £20 off a Panasonic FZ18 and gave them a free memory card.
That was all the guy bought. A camera and a card.
I couldn't believe it! He'd have gone nuts if I gave the guy that sort of discount.

thanks for all your help, i will try and go in tomorrow and barter

and the branch as well... Today I went to two Jessops... one in Harrogate, bloke didn't give a toss, and I walked out of there feeling most angry and annoyed with Jessops.

Decided later on to visit the one in York (Monks Cross) and got served by a wonderful woman called stephanie, who was really helpful and I came away feeling pleased.

I'm currently writing a thank you letter to the head office... so it does depend hugely on the store as well :D

the online price is available for the collection in sore so i got for 274 month ago, no negotiating though on other items.

don't forget another 2 to 3% off pre vat price with topcashback or quidco, every little helps.

If you don't ask you don't get. Also the 10-20mm takes a 77mm filter so Jessops are probably gonna sting you 20 quid plus for it. Chances are you wont get it free. Websites like 7day do 77mm UV filters for about 4 pounds so you will easily get a hold of one.

Also, if you dont get a price match one day, go back the next and make sure you speak to somebody else behind the counter. With the way people are buying online now I think it would be pretty poor if Jessops didn't try and price match.

What you can do is pretend to buy it online with jessops but go for "COllect" option. So you get the internet price but you will collect it at your local Jessops.
=====

far as I know you can send it to sigma under the international warrentee? :thinking: not 100% on that though

Sigma will only acknowledge the Warranty if you can supply a valid VAT receipt. That's whay Sigma told me when I rang them.

If you don't ask you don't get. Also the 10-20mm takes a 77mm filter so Jessops are probably gonna sting you 20 quid plus for it. Chances are you wont get it free. Websites like 7day do 77mm UV filters for about 4 pounds so you will easily get a hold of one.

Also, if you dont get a price match one day, go back the next and make sure you speak to somebody else behind the counter. With the way people are buying online now I think it would be pretty poor if Jessops didn't try and price match.

No offence, but I can't imagine a 4 quid filter will do wonders for image quality... if you're going to buy cheap, you may as well not bother with filters ;)

who are they? what do they do?

Mark

Cash back sites: topcashback.co.uk no admin fee and
quidco .com £5 admin fee from cash back.
They get a fee for you traffic to retailers site and pass or most of it back to you; can be cash,cheque(?)paypal or bacs.

Just sign up , reserve/ 'buy' items online with respective retailer and view/collect in store or arrange delivery.
Btw you don't have to buy the goods you reserve/buy when you get to the shop.

Jessops price matched my Lowepro Slingshot 200, I brought a printout with me from their website.
Funny thing was the Slingshot 100 was £20 more in the shop and the internet.....

I tried to price match in my local jessops and was told they only price match local shops not internet!

What you can do is pretend to buy it online with jessops but go for "Collect" option. So you get the internet price but you will collect it at your local Jessops.
Absolutely. I've done this several times. It's incredibly convenient - an excellent example of Jessops getting their online presence and high street presence to work together.
I can't imagine a 4 quid filter will do wonders for image quality... if you're going to buy cheap, you may as well not bother with filters ;)
:agree: You might as well "protect" your lens by coating it with vaseline.

Thanks for your help. i brought one now and it is being delieverd tomorrow!!!

cannot wait!

Back