when to hearts meet

Name
walter
Edit My Images
Yes
just playing around, needed some directional light on rings to bring up the heart shadow more, another thing on my list, c&c welcome
rings.jpg

Would have been better with a bigger DoF. The ring also looks weird to me like the back is the front , like its sitting flat and the heart is on the further away side pointing back. I like the idea though.

This is not really working for me :shrug: personally I'm finding the ultra shallow DoF a little too much :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT
cheers matt :D
Would have been better with a bigger DoF. The ring also looks weird to me like the back is the front , like its sitting flat and the heart is on the further away side pointing back. I like the idea though.
you will have to explain the ring position so i can understand it you lost me :shake:

Quite different to @MWHCVT, I actually really like the narrow DOF, I think the words could make the surroundings appear rather busy without it. Just a small critique: The white balance might need a little tweaking? It has a twinge often caused by fluorescent lighting to the colouring of the pages in the book. Even reducing the saturation of the pages slightly might fix this, but leaving the ring as the colouring is correct. Overall I think this shot is effective!

Quite different to @MWHCVT, I actually really like the narrow DOF, I think the words could make the surroundings appear rather busy without it. Just a small critique: The white balance might need a little tweaking? It has a twinge often caused by fluorescent lighting to the colouring of the pages in the book. Even reducing the saturation of the pages slightly might fix this, but leaving the ring as the colouring is correct. Overall I think this shot is effective!

thanks (y)
the pic was set up to achieve focus on ring, i wanted small DOF so the rings stood out, i put the camera on fluorecent wb,
the only thing is the heart shadow not dark enough,

Back