When you go down to the Zoo today...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, my first trip to West Midlands Safari (with or without a camera!), and I've picked a couple out that I like, C&C please please please!

1.. African Wild Dog (shot through car window for obvious reasons)
main.php

2. A treat for a Giraffe
main.php

3. White Lion
main.php

4. Giraffe through the sunroof
main.php

Nikon D40, 55-200mm Nikor leans and a remarkable patient girlfriend behind the wheel! I'm going to have to get a clap/tripod to fit to the window/door of the car before any more outings to Safari Parks..

More photo's coming, I just need to get this laptop off my lap!

On a slightly lighter note, take an American to a Safari park some time, I know mine hadn't quite got the idea and was quite worried about the giraffes licking the sunroof! :LOL:

Chris -.

The Giraffe is great. They're really tricky to photograph but that angle is a real winner. :clap:

Nice set of shots there Chris.

1. Nice timing but pity about the bg (also could do with a tad more sharpening)
2. Once again, nice shot but a bit of a shame there isn't more of the giraffes head in shot.
3. I would normally say that this shot looks a bit blown out but I think that in this case, it really suits the expression on the lionesses face.
4. Excellent, absolutely spot on imo, composition, colour, details, etc. very well done (y)

Not meaning to sound picky about the 1st three shots but you really set the bar high with that last shot, getting that would have made my day :LOL:

Thanks for the speedy replies, I see there are other people who aren't sleeping quite yet!

4. When I looked at the preview for this I nearly weeped, because its very very dark, and I think its the first time I've done a nice job on saving it (thank whotsit for RAW!)

Again, thanks

Back