where am i going wrong

Name
keith
Edit My Images
Yes
taken today but can nerver get my shots to look right

What post processing software do you use?
It doesn't look like you use any, to be honest.
There are many free ones available, such as CS2, GIMP etc.

i use coral paint shop pro but im a noob to this game lol if i send you the raw image of say no5 do you want to show me what can be done and cheer a dispondent man up ?

Last edited:
I cant see your setting.. but looking at the original picttures.. your ISO is way too high ...

Post processing is what you need to practice on :)

i use coral paint shop pro but im a noob to this game lol if i send you the raw image of say no5 do you want to show me what can be done and cheer a dispondent man up ?

I'm off to Italy in about 4 hours...

I suspect someone else with more experience than me will be along soon, though it is getting late. :)

I'll be back in a few weeks though...

was shooting in tv mode with auto iso sutter speed 1/1250 they look a lot crisper on the view finder but when i transfer them onto the pc they look horrible

was shooting in tv mode with auto iso sutter speed 1/1250 they look a lot crisper on the view finder but when i transfer them onto the pc they look horrible

You probably need to come off auto iso... and yes they will lok good in the viewfinder.. but they are very noisy :(

ok next time go i'll try setting my iso to around 800 see how i go. thanks

planepop.jpg

planepop2.jpg

Last edited:
I've also had a go as I could do with the practice at PP also :)

IMG_0155a_zps18439367-2.jpg

thanks for all your input will turn the auto iso off on another not just got myself lightroom5 what do you think now

before

after

before

after

i know theirs still a lot to do and learn but i think im heading in the right direction

Last edited:
They look like they could do with a bit of sharpening to me - under the detail menu in Lightroom.

You could also try adding a touch of clarity under the basic menu, but don't go mad with it or they can go a bit weird - it helps them to pop a bit.

thanks lightroom5 is a lot easier than paintshop pro believe it or not the before were edited (paintshop pro) ive deleted that program now looking for cs5

had a little play with sharpening looks like the noise is back

before sharpening

after

think i did 2 much will get ther in the end lol

Last edited:
Your Lightroom edits are definitely heading in the right direction :)

Also your high iso really limits the amount of sharpening you can apply.

Last edited:
thanks norms not bad seeing as ive only had the program on the pc for a couple of hours :)

Keith, Are you shooting in RAW or Jpeg Format? If you are getting more interested in PP you really need to be shooting in RAW as the image contains much more data/information which will allow LR to do more with it.

Regards Paul

Think you have done well with No.1 and 3..Nice prop blur on the first one. Needs a play around with shadows/highlights and some saturation for the background. Main problem is, as been said, your ISO is a bit high. I stick to 200 and adjust as needed. The other thing to try is some of the presets on LR which make a difference and you can tweak them to your own taste....some good tutorials on Youtube for LR....(y)

Back