Where do you show your photos?

Name
Zhivko
Edit My Images
No
Sorry if this question was already asked! Where do you show your photos, somewhere you're happy with the quality?
I show mine on unsplash.com which offers great quality, but the site deletes many of my photos, very often my best shots.
So I am looking for somewhere less stern where I can show my work. Could you advise, please!
Thanks beforehand!

You can't really beat Flickr for a freebie in my opinion. If you want to store zillions of pics or get rid of adverts, you have to pay, but it's not expensive. :)

Have you looked at Flickr and 500px ?

I used to show mine on Flickr and 500px, but deleted both as I didn't upload to them for a few years or so. They're good if you don't have your own website

I have nothing to do with Flickr, Facebook etc. I have a number of ways of showing my images including:

a. International and National Salons
b. Club Annual Exhibition.
c. My own Website.
d. Other Club Photo Competitions or discussion groups.
e. Occasional Sales Exhibition.
f. Interclub exchanges both local and international
g. A few on this forum and another.
h. Camera Club website.
i. Normal share with family.

I think that this is enough. In fact the reason why I do not share as many images on this and another forums is that the other activities in that list consume a lot of my time.

Dave

Sorry if this question was already asked! Where do you show your photos, somewhere you're happy with the quality?
I show mine on unsplash.com which offers great quality, but the site deletes many of my photos, very often my best shots.
So I am looking for somewhere less stern where I can show my work. Could you advise, please!
Thanks beforehand!

Doesn't Unsplash give away peoples' photos?

Doesn't Unsplash give away peoples' photos?

Depends on how you look at it.

Unsplash is a place where photographers who want to give their photographs away for free can upload them.

License
Unsplash photos are made to be used freely. Our license reflects that.
  • All photos can be downloaded and used for free
  • Commercial and non-commercial purposes
  • No permission needed (though attribution is appreciated!)
What is not permitted
  • Photos cannot be sold without significant modification.
  • Compiling photos from Unsplash to replicate a similar or competing service.

They used to have a page of Sponsors that supported them, which included Adobe and Square Space, which is a useful reminder that Adobe and Square Square Space have a lot more customers "using" photographs than "selling" them.

Apparently, according to Jeff Schewe, less than 10% of Adobe's customers are photographers.

My own website. For a while I used some random static generators but now host piwigo. You can also buy their hosting from piwigo.com. The nice thing is if I change my mind I just change the backend and it's the same domain. It's just for family really but I'm not going to use facebook or other social media.

I have a website that I am building to showcase my images. Only basic but better than nothing.

Back