Where to buy Belinea 102035W 20.1" Widescreen LCD ?

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to build my own PC system up after advice from here. I want to order the Belinea 102035W 20.1" Widescreen LCD panel . Mainly pointed at Matt & FingerZ (but anyone else who has ordered) where did you buy from & were you able to get pixel check done ?

LOL. Cheers. Did see them at Ebuyer for £329, but awaiting stock. Will PM Matt & FingerZ to get them to reply here.....just in case anyone else fancies one ;) Notice they have speakers, which means I can use for TV monitor..just need DV3 tuner now for PC..should keep my 3 year old quiet...er at 5am in the morning :(

Never had a problem with their customer service myself. I always got things sorted without any hassel in the past. Same goes for CCL as well. Others experiances may be different though.

Matt said:
I got mine from ocuk.

Pixel count 'no'.

Aftersales no too..:(

I can confirm CCL will do a pixel test if you buy in-store but cannot say regarding buying online from them.

Maybe Braeden will pop along soon.;)

I have asked the question (and sent a link to this thread) to a colleague who deals with this kind of thing to find out for you.

I will post back when I get an answer

OcUK are alright for customer services if you get to talk to the girl there, otherwise yeah they're pants.

Ebuyer have just wrapped up their US operations so I have a feeling they will be closing up the UK side soon as well. Avoid like the plague

Check Pricewatch.co.uk and Pricerunner.co.uk for the best prices.

Don't think I'd bother with a pixel check, just make sure the monitor has a good warranty and check their policy on numbers of blown/stuck pixels in one area.

Ok I have an answer:

That is a false statement, we do not offer a pixel test service. We were actually discussing this this morning. It opens us up to a lot of extra workload that we currently cannot support and also problems with return issues.

Effectively, we would end up with a load of monitors that we are unable to sell due to them being opened and unable to return as they are within the manufacturers pixel policy.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Sorry if that isn't what you hoped to hear.

Obviously your statutory rights etc are still in place and we will do everything in our power to sort out any problems that may occur, but we cannot guarantee zero dead pixels.

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread. I actually can't remember where I bought mine from and, more worryingly, I don't seem to have the reciept emails in my 'mail to keep' folder. Sorry about that.

Just to pick up on that point Braeden's colleague made about being left with a load of opened boxes that couldn't be sold on... What happens if people just return monitors with a dead pixel, as they're perfectly entitled to do under the distance selling regulations? You'd still be left with exactly the same opened boxes.

One dead pixel would not be enough to warranty a return on a panel

It's usually 3 dead or stuck pixels within a 1cm radius or 5 or more across a larger radius.

As I said, statutory rights are not affected - that includes distance selling regulations.

As to what happens to them, well, I honestly don't know. At a guess they are sold as ex-stock in the clearance lines but I have never actually checked into it so don't quote me on that.

evilowl said:
One dead pixel would not be enough to warranty a return on a panel

It's usually 3 dead or stuck pixels within a 1cm radius or 5 or more across a larger radius.

I know, but the distance selling regulations allow any mail order customer to return any item for any reason whatsoever within seven days. So you can just keep buying monitors and returning them until you get one without any dead pixels.

Of course, that's a lot of hassle, plus the retailer may refuse to sell to you since they don't want to get stuck with loads of opened boxes. But you could still buy from another retailer. The chances are already pretty good that you'll get a panel with zero dead pixels first time around and great that you'll manage it second time around, I'd say. Nevertheless, it's still hassle and many people prefer to pay for a dead pixel check to save them having to do it in the first place.

But the shops must still get stuck with items that have been returned under the distance selling act and something must happen to those items.

They can charge you a restocking fee if there is nothing wrong with it. So it will cost you a bit.

Plus you pay postage, but both those together will probably amount to the same as a dead pixel check (if they offer it).

Obviously it's down to the individual, but I'd rather shell out the money and spend the next five years with a perfect monitor (well, as perfect as can be, anyway) than save myself £20 and have a white pixel glaring at me every day. Some people will think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but that's human variance for you.

No, no, I do agree, I just wanted people to be clear that DSR doesn't mean free.

My friend has a yellow pixel which is extremely annoying apparently.

Ideally I would want pixel check, as it would really bug me if I found a dodgy pixel .....so the search goes on :( Much easier buying a Motorbike ;)

fingerz said:
I know, but the distance selling regulations allow any mail order customer to return any item for any reason whatsoever within seven days. So you can just keep buying monitors and returning them until you get one without any dead pixels.

Nope, if the item has been opened, then it cannot be returned under the DSR.
So technically you can't do a pixel check yourself and return it that way, unless you are very very good at packing the thing away again ;)

Marcel said:
...unless you are very very good at packing the thing away again ;)

I know what you're trying to say but the laws in this country are applied with a dash of common sense (media hype about paedophiles aside). The DSRs are there to make sure you can see a product before you commit to paying for it. You'd need to open the box to see the product. Besides, it's pretty easy to pack it away again.

Most shops are just worried about whether then can sell it to someone else. If the packaging on my Belineas was anything to go by, it wouldn't be too difficult to get it looking like it did when the postman delivered them. The main thing to be careful about is how you open them.

Well I've just ordered one from CCL....... need a TV in bedroom to keep daughter occupied at her 5am normal wakeup ....zzzzzzzz.....so this with a Tuner card will provide excleent screen for PS work, plus a nice TV ;)

Back